DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 3 micro SDXC not recognized.

robmcdon

Reactions
I purchased the San Disk 256 GB micro SDXC and the Control Panel will not let me switch from Internal Storage to SD card. Says there is no card.

Please try to format the card in a Windows computer first.

I just realized there is an SD card that goes in the drone and not the controller. It switched over fine.
So what is the Controller SD card supposed to do? It sure did not record any images

I just realized there is an SD card that goes in the drone and not the controller. It switched over fine.
So what is the Controller SD card supposed to do? It sure did not record any images
No worries. MicroSD card in the drone is where you'll find your main photo and HD video records. The microSD card in the controller will capture the RC screen recordings and low-resolution recordings. Is this your first DJI drone? You may want to take a minute to read the user manual since this advanced drone is packed with many features, many you won't even use, but still a lot of interesting and useful details:

Yes it is my first drone in 5 years and it is a new world. Thanks for the link to Manual. Will study.
Thank again for your cool and informative replies.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Found this section on page 94 of the manual
Storage: store the recorded files to micro SD card on the aircraft or the internal storage of the aircraft. Hope this helps the next Newbie

Yes, it always helps if the sd card is in the drone!

Doesn't it allow you to do screen captures.
That's still nothing important and you can do screen captures without a card in the controller/phone or tablet.

New problem. The images are recorded to the SD card onboard the drone and read with no issue on my PC. I have an iphone/Ipad adapter to read Micro SD cards. When I insert the Micro SD through the adapter it reads " No photos to import". I tried a different SD card from my Go Pro (San Disk Ultra Plus 64GBMicroSD and it reads all the files.
What is different about reading a San Disk Ultra Plus 256GBMicro SD

New problem. The images are recorded to the SD card onboard the drone and read with no issue on my PC. I have an iphone/Ipad adapter to read Micro SD cards. When I insert the Micro SD through the adapter it reads " No photos to import". I tried a different SD card from my Go Pro (San Disk Ultra Plus 64GBMicroSD and it reads all the files.
Have you run into this issue?

Last edited:
The problem is with Apple. For some reason the Apple image viewing app doesn't see DJI image files. You have to use "finder".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman