DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 3

Hope that mavic 3 wont have more then 4 k resolution. It is so much overkill. We dont need higher resolution just better quality!

Whatever the reasons why it wasn't announced in January as people hoped, this viral outbreak will probably delay it further.

Yeah 4K with 60 or even 120 fps support would be a big improvement. Also possibly support AV1 codec.

Whatever the reasons why it wasn't announced in January as people hoped, this viral outbreak will probably delay it further.

Yeah 4K with 60 or even 120 fps support would be a big improvement. Also possibly support AV1 codec.

The reason it wasn't announced was because it was a made up rumour because that's how these sites work, most of the time there is no actual information so to drive traffic to their sites they have to keep making up rumours the bulk of the time. While people will point out the rumour sites do post correct rumours it's also true that a broken watch still tells the correct time twice a day. The rumours to pay attention to are certification details and pictures of the device which usually come in the period leading up to the launch which didn't happen for this supposed January launch so no surprise it didn't happen.

It's frustrating how many people take these rumours being cast in stone especially when making purchasing decisions, the rumours sites are best to be mostly ignored but obviously that's never going to happen.

Of course, rumors drive interest in new products.

But it is coming up on 2 years since the Mavic 2s came out? And similar length of time for other DJI products like the Air.

Plus the competition has made some waves so I don't think DJI would be able to go this whole year without some update or refresh of the product line.

I don't think DJI would be able to go this whole year without some update or refresh of the product line.

You could be right regarding a larger drone.
I just hope they don't do a Mini release and do it with bugs and some real problems with flight behaviour etc.

It's been very eye opening seeing just how the Mini release has unfolded, and still ongoing.
I won't rush out and buy another DJI product too soon after release, that is a sure thing.

But it is coming up on 2 years since the Mavic 2s came out? And similar length of time for other DJI products like the Air.

Plus the competition has made some waves so I don't think DJI would be able to go this whole year without some update or refresh of the product line.

These rumours do not drive interest in new products instead they drive traffic to the site hosting the rumour and as it's in the site owners interest to drive up traffic and it's been well proven, no matter how often they are wrong they're still just as popular. So it's in their interests to make up as many rumours as possible and often very early on they'll make up some particularly juicy rumours which people will spread on forums and drive more traffic back to the site. I suspect for the manufacturers the rumour sites are a real thorn in their side because their constant false predictions about a new model put people off buying the new model as has been discussed many times here with people holding off on a Mavic Pro 2 purchase because there was an imminent Mavic Pro 3 release in January. This is why I get so irate about these rumour sites and the large amount of posts they get.

Of course there will be new DJI products and I never said anything of the sort there wouldn't be, instead I pointed out that you should look for genuine leaks and rumours that contain actual information such as certification details (the manufacturers have to license the devices before launch) or photos of the device. Unlike the January rumour which didn't have a single shred of evidence and was even picked up by some fairly large sites and surprise, surprise it was wrong. As hilarious the idea is that DJI canned it at the last moment after designing, testing, certifying, licensing and manufacturing the new drone then binned it when they saw a new unreleased drone wasting millions of dollars as the rumour sites now claim, it's clearly a complete load of nonsense.

On a side note though, I was speaking to my Uncle at Nintendo and he told me that DJI are going to release a new drone this year! I'm not supposed to tell anyone but he did give me all the details, it's going to have at least one rotor, a camera which can record pictures and video, an onboard battery and some form of remote controller. Hopefully I will be able to give a further update on this promising new drone soon!*

*for those too young to know this, 'my uncle works at Nintendo' was in some ways a precursor to the rumour sites in the pre-internet era where friends would always have another friend whose uncle worked at Nintendo and had some juicy rumour.

There isn’t any really any competition. DJI, have all bases covered from the Mini to the Matrice, and nobody can get near them.

Skydio and Autel drones aren’t even sold outside of the US, and they’re not exactly a success.

DJI don’t need to rush their drone releases simply because the ones they have on the market are already ahead if the game.

Ok,
Please tell BS that to the Autel dealers in Australia or to Autel/AU.

Ok, so North America and Australia. Where DJI covers the whole planet. Autel are hardly snping at DJI's heals.

Rumors or not it is obvious that dji will unleash mavic 3 in max 6 months period. Skydio 2 and autel evo 2 fake hype will do the trick. Thats how this world is working. Dji must go with the flow or they will be eaten alive.
I could also type that the earth is flat but i wont do it.

Last edited:
I've finally had some time to go through the new rules for flying in Europe and the UK (as we're still adopting them even though we're leaving the EU) - and I think we will be in for a whole new batch of Mavics sooner than I thought.

For those people wishing to take the A2 CofC and fly within 30m of uninvolved people, everything currently on the market will be classed as legacy craft (until July 2022), and in order to comply with the new regulation drones will need:

- noise limitations
- a remote ID
- a form of geo awareness.
- a low-speed mode which limits the maximum speed of the aircraft to 3 m/s (approx 6.7 mph), which has to be operable by a switch/button on the remote

(There's a handy guide on how current DJI drones will be affected here - Drone Training - A2 CofC, GVC and PfCO - Heliguy)

I was about to buy a Mavic 2 Zoon, but it seems pointless as it won't be useful for me after 2022. Also, as @The Editor quite rightly stated in another thread - the current value of our equipment is likely to take a hit as it won't comply with the new regs.

I've finally had some time to go through the new rules for flying in Europe and the UK (as we're still adopting them even though we're leaving the EU) - and I think we will be in for a whole new batch of Mavics sooner than I thought.

For those people wishing to take the A2 CofC and fly within 30m of uninvolved people, everything currently on the market will be classed as legacy craft (until July 2022), and in order to comply with the new regulation drones will need:

- noise limitations
- a remote ID
- a form of geo awareness.
- a low-speed mode which limits the maximum speed of the aircraft to 3 m/s (approx 6.7 mph), which has to be operable by a switch/button on the remote

(There's a handy guide on how current DJI drones will be affected here - Drone Training - A2 CofC, GVC and PfCO - Heliguy)

I was about to buy a Mavic 2 Zoon, but it seems pointless as it won't be useful for me after 2022. Also, as @The Editor quite rightly stated in another thread - the current value of our equipment is likely to take a hit as it won't comply with the new regs.
Yup....

Theres a dedicated thread on the forum here

I have held PFAW/PfCO for a number of years and have had several chats with the guys over at UAV Hub who are the first to be accredited RAE from the CAA to start running the courses.

I will try and answer people’s questions best I can regarding the new regs but for those wanting to know more please take a look at the thread linked above and have a read of CAP1789 which should make thing a little clearer.

Rumors or not it is obvious that dji will unleash mavic 3 in max 6 months period. Skydio 2 and autel evo 2 fake hype will do the trick. Thats how this world is working. Dji must go with the flow or they will be eaten alive.
I could also type that the earth is flat but i wont do it.
Well to bring this back from the dead I just saw this.
I follow this guy and just saw this.?‍♂️
E0A06213-590C-400B-8F3C-64ED1F1DBF32.jpeg

You probably should not.....he was discredited years ago.
Hey I like rumor guys. Kinda like I like to watch that crazy reviewer with the big nose.?

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Garvin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu