DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro 32 mph

sooner30

Reactions
I'm a new drone pilot and when I put it in sport mode I was expecting to go 40 mph. The fastest I could get it was 32 mph. Didn't know if there was another setting besides just flipping the sport mode switch. And this was with a little tail wind.

All I did was take it out of beginner mode and flip to sport mode. How do I enable multi flight mode?

Other factors will effect your speed. Did u have a tail wind? We're u flying directly against the wind?

I have had my mavic in excess of 60mph.

Reactions: Mindtrick
As a new pilot, have u ever controlled a plane or flying object at anything above 40kmph ?

Wow....ignore the manual and first thing you check out, is how fast it will go???

That's Right up there with "here , hold my beer, watch this!…"
Kind of along the same lines of "how high can we fly?". And we wonder why so many MP are crashing. Not craft error but pilots not thinking error

Wow....ignore the manual and first thing you check out, is how fast it will go???

That's Right up there with "here , hold my beer, watch this!…"

I'm not sure about the Mavic manual, but if it's anything like the Phantom manuals, one has to scour them rather extensively for them to be of much assistance.

Nothing like kicking a new guy in the d*ck when he's asking for honest advice. Stupid new guy...that'll teach him.

Reactions: iamSteve and Rnl
I'm not sure about the Mavic manual, but if it's anything like the Phantom manuals, one has to scour them rather extensively for them to be of much assistance.

Nothing like kicking a new guy in the d*ck when he's asking for honest advice. Stupid new guy...that'll teach him.
No No.... Its a real concern. Thats why drone laws are starting to take over the industry. It has nothing to do with being kicked in the d#ck. 95% of crashes reported on this forum is due to pilot stupidity or simple pilot error. Perhaps learning how to fly would be a sensible option instead of wanting to clock breakneck speeds...

Reactions: Glen e

True, if you look at the manual **** near all of the pages are Don't do this, don't do that kinda thing. Warnings every where, well I guess you could say someone was stupid enough to try those things so they had to put a whole book almost of warnings lol.

The fastest I got my Mavic so far was 39.7mph.

Open field and nobody around ya I'm gonna test it! Who wouldn't! If it's not up to par maybe something is defective on the drone. And the manual that comes in the box doesn't have much info at all.

Open field and nobody around ya I'm gonna test it! Who wouldn't! If it's not up to par maybe something is defective on the drone. And the manual that comes in the box doesn't have much info at all.
Just because DJI claims 40mph, it doesn't mean you'll get 40mph, lots of things come into consideration like wind.

Most things don't come with printed manuals anymore, but they're available as downloads. That's the case here.

It's somewhat counter-intuitive to have to enable multi-flight mode, while having a toggle switch directly on the RC. Subsequently, to have to go online to figure this out, only adds an additional layer of confusion.

Reactions: Indianapolis
Ya since this first post I have downloaded the manual and it has a lot of good info. Thanks for the positive feedback. It's been very helpful!!!

Reactions: sixthhour

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov