DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro activation process necessary?

Alkany

Reactions
Dear all,

Has DJI recently changed their activation process in any way?

I received my Mavic today. I bought it from Amazon Warehousedeals, it was marked as new and all of the seals were on the drone. It didnt seem that the drone was used.

I installed the DJI 4 app for the Mavic on my iPad Pro and my Samsung Galaxy S8. As I read online that all new DJI products have to be registered, I wanted to activate it accordingly, but the app never prompted me and also never indicated that I can only fly it in restricted mode.
I have not flown it yet since I am a bit afraid to do so without the activation. On both devices (ipad and Galaxy S8) it shows that the drone is connected and I could even start the engines without the propellers on.

Where can I see if my drone is restricted and not activated? Could it be that it was activated by someone else and I can still fly it with my own DJI account (email)?

I also checked the switch on the Mavic itself, it is on RC as recommended. I can change all the flight settings and have normal video feed.

Please let me know if it is safe for me to operate the drone or not, even without any apparent activation. I also cannot scan the QR-Code for activation.

Best regards

It sounds like someone else already activated it. Does your Mavic have a name in the "General Settings" --> "Device Name" section of DJI GO?

DJI-GO-Change-Device-Name.jpg

Note: Make sure your Mavic is connected to DJI GO before checking this setting.

Thank you for the Feedback.

I will check that once I get home. So it is possible to use an already activated drone with another DJI account (email) without any issues?

Sadly, "yes". Mine was stolen and I would have loved it if there was some way that I could've used some sort of kill switch. If you wanted to sell the MP there could always be some kind of code (that comes with the original packaging) that would allow the new owner to assign it to another account.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy