DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro and dji goggles can i plug them into the controller?

cool that may be the way to go to avoid phone/tablet issues meaning lag, connection, etc

How exactly would not flying with a phone/tablet eliminate lag?

ya would still have some there but not as bad as with a phone/tablet also wouldn't have issues as app crashing,connection, and what not

key work here is avoid the less I would think you have running to get video the better per se

Even if the app crashes, it will not affect the remote controller and/or the DJI Goggles.

true but that's what I was trying to figure out now if a person don't have googles well like dji ones and its crash then of course that's a problem no video intill you get app started again

as you can tell I don't have the goggles or mavic yet I am just trying to get as much info I can :)

Ah. Well, maybe worry about such things if they become a problem ;)

I do own the Mavic Pro and DJI Goggles. I cannot think of any scenario where I'd want to fly my Mavic Pro without a phone/tablet and DJI GO.

Reactions: zero1981
Well you may not want to but its good to know if ya need to :) for what matter technically you could fly without that :) the reason why I am worrying about it now is so I know what to get and what not to get :)

I strongly recommend you use a mobile device when flying. DJI GO captures and displays a lot of invaluable information.

ahhh great info here, i was under the impression that the goggles took the place of the phone/tablet, i assumed they had dji go built in so no need for another device, i to was wanting to use the goggles and no phone just the rc. i am on the fence for the goggles and only have a few days left to use the 100 off coupon, great info here

i assumed they had dji go built in so no need for another device
There are some functions/settings accessible from within the DJI Goggles. Check out this video to see what they can do:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There are some functions/settings accessible from within the DJI Goggles. Check out this video to see what they can do:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
wow great link i havent seen that vid,that explained a lot, so it does have a form of dji go built in it seems

I ALWAYS fly without phone, goggles only and NO restrictions using fw .700.
No wires, no logging in, no phone, LOVE IT ;)

Last edited:
I never fly with phone, goggles only and NO restrictions using fw .700.
That's a great point. The change that requires the login was added in firmware 1.03.0800.

I never fly with phone, goggles only and NO restrictions using fw .700.
No wires, no logging in, no phone, LOVE IT ;)

that's what I thought the point was too :)

ahhh so if the bird is fully updated u need a phone if not updated u can fly goggles only and no restrictions, i think i unfortunatly updated to newest firmwre

goggles also need newest update too! well from what I have read that is

ahhh so if the bird is fully updated u need a phone if not updated u can fly goggles only and no restrictions, i think i unfortunatly updated to newest firmwre

I think you can roll it back

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler