DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Full Wrap Template by Dr.osamA

Hello All,

I seem to be having trouble importing the SVG file into illustrator

For some reason when I upload the SVG into illustrator, the paths seem to be broken up into non-contiguous "grids". I have taken a screenshot:

Figure 1: Issue That I am Experiencing. Notice the "grid" like appearance and many layers...

I am not sure why this is happening and I haven't encountered this issue in the past with other files. How has everyone else gotten theirs to work? How are you customizing it?

Also, I am using a Cricut Explore, but when I try to upload it it says file is a "big file" and crashes

Thanks!

Have you tried the updates files I shared in Illustrator format - linked later in the discussion. I had traced the original and regenerates

Have you tried the updates files I shared in Illustrator format - linked later in the discussion. I had traced the original and regenerates
Hi mwardncsu,

I must have missed your post! Thanks so much I have not tried it yet but will try it now. Would you happen to also know what pieces would go where? If not I'll try printing it on paper and matching the pieces to the the drone itself.

One thing I realized is that the SVG when imported into Cricut is that it doesn't recognize that there are cut-outs to be made, say for the sensors. That can easily be fixed by filling in the cutouts in AI with the paint bucket tool, and then selecting the part, and using the "Pathfinder" tools merge function.

Another thing is that say if you want to make a hood with 3 different colors for the 2 bevels and the flat top part, there is no reference for where to fold starts.

I'm going to work on this myself and will reupload once I got it all improved!

Hi mwardncsu,

I must have missed your post! Thanks so much I have not tried it yet but will try it now. Would you happen to also know what pieces would go where? If not I'll try printing it on paper and matching the pieces to the the drone itself.

I unfortunately never got to the point of cutting and placing so not 100% sure what goes where exactly :)

I've greatly improved on your updates :) I will upload the .ai and .svg files tomorrow hopefully. In the meantime, can someone confirm which pieces go where? That way I can make sure the groups/labels I'm making are accurate.

Thanks!

Hello All,

Sorry I didn't post sooner as I had expected. I had some stuff come up and found myself quite busy. Needless to say, I worked pretty hard on fixing up the templates and labeling the parts. With the exception of these two parts:

I'm pretty sure I correctly assigned everything. I printed out the template on paper and spent a bit of time taping the pieces to the drone to check fit. Overall it appears that the pieces fit pretty well. There are a couple of spots where pieces overlap a little or are not countered perfectly; though I'm pretty sure the vinyl's elastic nature will help get a nice fit once the pieces are being applied.

I have created two files: an .ai file and a .svg with the results of my work. If someone knows what those two parts are for, please let me know.If not I hope you find these files helpful and enjoyable.

I'd love to see everyone's pictures with some cool designs. All I ask Is that you use this only for personal, non-distributative, and/or non-commercial purposes only.

Let me know what you think!

Links to Files:

Adobe Illustrator (.ai): SVG File:

Thank you Dr.osamA and M.Ward for your work in designing and fixing these files for us all. And to Varbird for letting us all know what goes where. I love seeing the creativity of all of you on full display.

Reactions: VarBird
Thank you Dr.osamA and M.Ward for your work in designing and fixing these files for us all. And to Varbird for letting us all know what goes where. I love seeing the creativity of all of you on full display.

No problem! I actually also fixed a few of the angles in the shapes and re-aligned two of the screw holes so that they match better with the drone. Still not perfect, but fits better in my opinion.

Reactions: mwardncsu
Hi, I've printed the mavic pro 1 template out its a little bit small, any hints at what I'm doing wrong? Thanks. ?

Thank you very much for these templates DR.Osama. I am looking for an template to cover the mavic 2 controller.
Does anyone know where I can the file for that?
I am covering my mavic 2 zoom in reflective red. I am hoping to scare some of the Kamikaze birds that like to divebomb my drone while flying at the beach..

Thank you very much for these templates DR.Osama. I am looking for an template to cover the mavic 2 controller.
I am covering my mavic 2 zoom in reflective red. I am hoping to scare some of the Kamikaze birds that like to divebomb my drone while flying at the beach..

Post up a pic when done!

I finally finished wrapping my zoom. I made it red to hopefully scare away the birds. the fluorescent light of my garage makes it look orange.
Thank you DR.osamA for making this so easy.

Attachments

• 20190427_190807.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 163
  • 20190427_190822.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 125
  • 20190428_200850.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 108
  • 20190428_200915.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 108
  • 20190428_200948.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 106
Hello,

would it be possible to use those templates to print with a regular printer on the back of an A4 adhesive sheet?

Thanks.

Dom: Yes, those files could be printed BUT, typically the adhesive on paper/vinyl stock like you're talking about is too strong and you might not be able to ever get it off. For sure test it first with a small piece.

Dom: Yes, those files could be printed BUT, typically the adhesive on paper/vinyl stock like you're talking about is too strong and you might not be able to ever get it off. For sure test it first with a small piece.

Thanks for the quick response.
Sure I would test it first.
So which file and software should I use to print it in the right scale on a regular printer?

Thanks!

Dom: Not knowing your level of experience with graphic files and resolution, I would suggest printing the .PDF pages as they will be the correct size. If you have illustration software that can read the vector files, those would work as well. Just ensure that you don't tell the printer anything other than "actual size," i.e., not fit to page, etc.

Hey guys,

if you want to use Oracal, use "Premium Cast" vinyl which is Oracal 951.

It will conform to curves the best.

Thank you so much @OsamA

Hi.. Possible to share the template for controller?? Thanks in advance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929