DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro batteries swollen

Are there any good third party Mavic Pro 1 batteries? I bought my Mavic on day one of release. Just noticed all three batteries are swollen some what.

Are there any good third party Mavic Pro 1 batteries?
If you're determined to use 3rd party batteries, then check out Powerextra. They've been making batteries for DJI drones for a few years and have good feedback.

Just noticed all three batteries are swollen some what.
How have you been storing your batteries and maintaining the charge level?

If you're determined to use 3rd party batteries, then check out Powerextra. They've been making batteries for DJI drones for a few years and have good feedback.

How have you been storing your batteries and maintaining the charge level?
I use the batteries pretty frequently during the week. So I’ll charge them, put them in my backpack camera bag. Then I’ll leave the bag in my car while at work. The batteries have no covers on them, just bare. Stacked next to each other in their own compartment. How should I be storing them??

I’ll leave the bag in my car while at work
I'm sure your car gets pretty toasty warm during the day in NC. That could be what's damaging them. It would be better (and safer) to store them in a location that's around 71-82°F.

I just noticed I had the same issue. Disappointed with DJI quality with such high price. According to my fly record, I believe with 3 batteries usage routine I had fly & recharge each of them not more than 5 times.

And I had contacted them via [email protected] & live chat, they seems not going to be responsibility on this case.

Attachments

• 20181223_100350.jpg
    20181223_100350.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • 20181223_100357.jpg
    20181223_100357.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I just noticed I had the same issue. Disappointed with DJI quality with such high price. According to my fly record, I believe with 3 batteries usage routine I had fly & recharge each of them not more than 5 times.

And I had contacted them via [email protected] & live chat, they seems not going to be responsibility on this case.

Same case here, brother.. .the swollen batt only had 15 cycles when I first noticed the bump. It's almost 1 year since, and I am still using it, well occassionally now.. Before I do, I would double wrap it ziplock and put it in the freezer for about 15 mins, the swelling would completely subside -like brand new! Well temporarily, until the next charge. Now I'm more vigilant to change batts at 25% and careful not to fully charge it unless I'm flying again in the next 3 days.

I saw a youtuber who punctured the bump with a pin then taped it. Yeah :eek:. It worked for him then, but reported after that the charge has declined.

Reactions: lprbrenda

Use em or loose me..... it’s not the price that’s the issue- the smart battery monitoring circuits can only do so much- LiPO cells if left at low or high SOC will die.

Or stored at high temperatures, like a hot car. That's probably the worst, other than to leaving them alone for months where they self-discharge to unsafe levels.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
I had 8 batteries. I arrived in Fiji a few months ago and noticed 4 of them were swollen. I just pulled out the drone to prep for another trip and now three of the four remaining are swollen. Super annoying. So bummed DJI won't help us out. Only thing I can think of is possible extreme heat sitting in the car. Hopefully next gen batteries are tougher.

Only thing I can think of is possible extreme heat sitting in the car
Yes, that could definitely damage the batteries. Never store your drone equipment in a hot car.

Happened to me with ALL 8 of my DJI batteries - researched - switched over to PowerExtra.
Amazon.com: Powerextra Mavic Pro Battery, 2-Pack 11.4V 3830 mAh LiPo Intelligent Flight Battery + Battery Safe Bag Replacement for DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum & Alpine White Drone (Not Fit for Mavic 2): Gateway
That was 18 months ago they work perfectly - Haven't had a problem since - I live in the tropics & DJI said it may be flying in extreme temps / leaving them in a hot car etc etc.....CRAP!
I will NEVER buy DJI batteries again !

Are there any good third party Mavic Pro 1 batteries? I bought my Mavic on day one of release. Just noticed all three batteries are swollen some what.
I also got my Mavic around the release date and I am also noticing 2 out of my 3 batteries slightly swelling but only after flying for about 25 min.
And one of the two is swollen only very slight and the other one is a little more
When everyone states that theres are swollen!
Are there swollen all the time or only after flying ?
Or after charging or what?
I also will ad that this has just started to show up in the last couple of weeks
These batteries have been charged around 70-80 charges

Last edited:
I hear you Whiteeskimo, I'm in a similar boat. I purchased three batteries doing the release of the M2Z and they worked by until I stated to notice that the batteries were getting harder and harder to fit in to the aircraft. All three are swollen. I found myself almost forcing the batteries not realizing that the bottom was swollen. Finally, dahhh, I researched this forum and started to take a closer look. took a look at the reading through the app and they all check out just find. They've had about 35 charges each. Anyway, I've stopped using them but dang, I sure hate to dispose of them. The aircraft was working find with them in there. Trust me, I've thought about using velcro to keep them within the chassis but that may prove fatal. You hear and read so much different stories about what to do, but, most state, just toss it! I've purchased two new ones, both from Amazon. Gonna try and take better care of them this time. Gonna follow DJI's instructions about 'maintaining and storing DJI batteries'. This is an expensive hobby but I love it!

Looks as if you follow DJI’s recommendations on storage, 10 days before self discharge, your batteries are going to last about 2 years as my 3 have all puffed badly enough to distort the battery cases. They have never been over discharged or stored in a hot car. I’ve occasionally used sport mode but not for extended periods or every flight. Each battery has been charged around 60 times so that is around £1.40 a flight, about 7 pence a minute.

seems to be a very common problem with the mavic batteries. had already 2 swollen batteries. Normal use, not in extrem conditions. one was replaced by dji but the 2nd one not because it was just 4 weeks out of warranty. Their workflow really sucks, I made photos and a video as they required and send it together with the invoice via email. Then they required a printed form with the original label and the copy of the invoice again via post so I sent it and then they tell me it's out of warranty and just send me an invoice for a new battery. I ask myself what they do, they could have seen the date of the purchase in the first communication and not let me print and ship everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure