DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Accidental Dishcharge mod

Chip D

Reactions
Ha, I bet you clicked on this post to see how to add another 5 hours of battery time to your flights. Sorry to disappoint you.
There is nothing worse than getting to the flight site, with supposedly all 3 batteries fully charged, only to find out that the only one that is still fully charged (maybe) is the one on the Mavic. The rest of them are usually at 25-35% for some odd reason. Why is that you say? Well let's look at my tote.
I use a Domke Camera bag that fits wonderfully with everything in it including the chargers.

If you look inside, you'll see that I have 2 batteries in the base and one on the MP. The problem seems to be that with movement the little buttons on the top of the batts get pushed and start discharging.

So how to protect them intransit so I wind up with 3 batts at 100% at the flight site? I used garden hose washers that have a hole in them. Then I use either clear tap, or you can use strips of duct tape to hold them on top. They pop off easily when I'm ready to fly.

Hope it helps some of you.

Chip D - Omaha, Ne

Thanks chip, or you could turn them upside down or on their side or rubber band them back to back, but good spot.

Thanks chip, or you could turn them upside down or on their side or rubber band them back to back, but good spot.

Tried that, but those little buttons are just barely under the surface, and if I have some other pieces of plastic or stuff in the bottom, it's just enough to slightly depress those little buttons. So this is pretty foolproof for even me. Didn't happen all the time, but it happened enough.

Seems strange that it happens to TWO batteries!
It didn't always happen to both, but sometimes it did. I don't necessarily fly my Mavic every day. In fact it may "roll around" in the back seat or floor of my Avalanche for a week or so. But what was frustrating was getting out at my flight place (usually out in the middle of nowhere) and thinking I have 3 batts at 100%, and then find I have 1 batt at 100% and maybe the 2nd and or 3rd at 35%. That's what led me to this.

It didn't always happen to both, but sometimes it did. I don't necessarily fly my Mavic every day. In fact it may "roll around" in the back seat or floor of my Avalanche for a week or so. But what was frustrating was getting out at my flight place (usually out in the middle of nowhere) and thinking I have 3 batts at 100%, and then find I have 1 batt at 100% and maybe the 2nd and or 3rd at 35%. That's what led me to this.
You might be hitting the auto-discharge date, which would be caused by not pressing the button (unlike your assumption) for more than X days (where X is set in Go4, I believe the default is 5 days). This would also explain the 35% charge, as that is where it discharges to.
Not to rain on your parade, but your mod may lead to more discharged batteries as pressing the button extends the discharge period.

You might be hitting the auto-discharge date, which would be caused by not pressing the button (unlike your assumption) for more than X days (where X is set in Go4, I believe the default is 5 days). This would also explain the 35% charge, as that is where it discharges to.
Not to rain on your parade, but your mod may lead to more discharged batteries as pressing the button extends the discharge period.

What? Rain on my parade? You know what? I think yer right.

I immediately went into DJ4 and went down to the bottom and sure enough, it said 1 as in one more day before it discharged down to the 35%. Gee, I didn't think I had to do that like my PH3 Pro. Guess we have to learn. So that means, left alone, tomorrow (Sat) all the batts will be down to 35%.
Thanks mucho for that info. That does tell me that I should plug all the batts in say maybe a day before I travel with the MP.
Chip D - Omaha, Ne

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580