DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Tried the battery mod with 1x Multistar 3000mAh LIHV on top. Got 28 min hover time with 10% left. DJI Battery was very hot. Is it supposed to be this hot?

IMG_2615.JPG

Tried the battery mod with 1x Multistar 3000mAh LIHV on top. Got 28 min hover time with 10% left. DJI Battery was very hot. Is it supposed to be this hot?

View attachment 22444
It is supposed to get hotter than when you'd be in normal flight, less cooling.. BUT 60.7c is too hot. I managed 56 deg with double 3000's on top during 30 min hover on a hot day. In normal flight you should observe it stays below 40-45 deg. Try that.
Edit: what type of mod you use?

I am using UaVmods clip. Will try next test moving around. Also got new low noise props and will do a test with those too sometime.

Reactions: BigMotor
Anyone have any suggestions on which one(s) of these may stop my auto landing "critically low power" issue with the Lion battery I'm testing? It starts at anywhere between 19 to 21 min into the flight and between 3.5 and 3.48 volts so it really doesn't sound like its just one fixed voltage value causing it. I can hover for another 20min after it hits this mode by holding the left stick up. What happens to current when the battery voltage drops? does it increase? if it does could the current be hitting a limit that is being regulated down somehow by making it to go into this "critically low power" mode? could the cause be that the difference between the lower voltage and higher current is getting too great? It really does feel like it loses power suddenly...I really know nothing about this stuff I'm just here thinking bored and confused...Oh, and what wtf's up with the "weight" settings?

battery limit_ limit max power min - 380
battery limit_limit max power max - 500
battery limit _limit max power weight - 1.5
battery limit_limit power rate capacity min - 10
battery limit_limit power rate capacity max - 100
battery limit_limit power rate capacity weight - 30
battery config lower limit power - 100
battery config max battery power - 1600
bat limit_limit bat current after overflow - 36000

bat limit_limit delt vol min - 100
bat limit_limit delt vol max - 800
bat limit_limit delt vol weight - 0.5
bat limit_limit vol min - 3300
bat limit_limit vol max - 3700
bat limit_limit vol weight - 1.5
vol dyn ctrl cfg func en - 0
vol dyn ctrl cfg max vol - 25
vol dyn ctrl cfg min vol - 22
emergency voltage - 3000

I think its the emergency voltage 3000 one. Id set that to 2200, i think its a volt per cell avg number, 3000 being 3.00v so 2200 would be 2.2v.

Anyone have any suggestions on which one(s) of these may stop my auto landing "critically low power" issue with the Lion battery I'm testing? It starts at anywhere between 19 to 21 min into the flight and between 3.5 and 3.48 volts so it really doesn't sound like its just one fixed voltage value causing it. I can hover for another 20min after it hits this mode by holding the left stick up. What happens to current when the battery voltage drops? does it increase? if it does could the current be hitting a limit that is being regulated down somehow by making it to go into this "critically low power" mode? could the cause be that the difference between the lower voltage and higher current is getting too great? It really does feel like it loses power suddenly...I really know nothing about this stuff I'm just here thinking bored and confused...Oh, and what wtf's up with the "weight" settings?

emergency voltage - 3000

Do you have it set to Non-DJI battery selected?

Reactions: Texas Mavic

emergency voltage - 3000

Mine doesn’t autoland until 3%.

I think its the emergency voltage 3000 one. Id set that to 2200, i think its a volt per cell avg number, 3000 being 3.00v so 2200 would be 2.2v.

I tried that one but i only set it to 2500. I wouldn't understand if it is that setting because my issue happens between 3.5 to 3.48. But i definitely will try changing it to 2200. Thank you

Edit: Have you tried that setting with success?

Last edited:
I should have mentioned what i tried. I'm using a dji battery board with my homemade Lion battery

I tried turning the battery board off
changed bat limit_limit vol min - 3300 to 2700 and emergency voltage - 3000 to 2500
and set to Non DJI battery.

I know it seems obvious to change a min limit one but I'm really thinking it could be something like (battery limit_limit max power max – 500) in combination with a min limit one. Maybe there are multiple settings needed to change? Or maybe just one? Maybe when it sees a high current draw (battery limit_limit max power max - 500) or (battery limit_limit power rate capacity max - 100) for a certain amount of time mixed with a big voltage drop between this (bat limit_limit vol min – 3300) and this (bat limit_limit vol max – 3700) it triggers and goes to this (battery config lower limit power - 100). Or that could even be the motor max speed reached or neither idk I'm just throwing crap out there I really have no idea but it seems so sporadic between different Mavs that i'm confused...or I’m way overthinking it and it could be one value like (battery limit _limit max power weight - 1.5 )…Any motor controls and plc experts out there?

@chazz

Here’s a video of my Mavic waiting until 1% to land. It starts autolanding at 2% but didn’t actually try to land.

I finally bailed on it at 1% as I didn’t want it to fall out of the sky!

Reactions: chazz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo