DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

You flew 50k ft total and then hovered 24min?
No, two different occasions. Sorry I't sounded different in my head when I typed it. My first 3 flights were hovers down to 50% to break the batteries in, my fourth flight was a long distance flight and then my 5th flight was a hover. Airdata is now projecting 48.37 minutes for the flight time is what I was trying to show.

Reactions: lolo780
No, two different occasions. Sorry I't sounded different in my head when I typed it. My first 3 flights were hovers down to 50% to break the batteries in, my fourth flight was a long distance flight and then my 5th flight was a hover. Airdata is now projecting 48.37 minutes for the flight time is what I was trying to show.

The projection is not accurate. The top 50% is more like 55-57% leaving much less on the bottom end.

k26zTCD.png

First flight tests on 4s going well. Climb outs are brisk, with the vertical velocity overshooting the 10m/s limit before the software can back down the power. Once I equalize the weight and aero to match my 3s configuration I'll have some accurate efficiency comparison numbers.

I did a hover test 1 more time after my 50,038ft flight and this is what I got for the Protek 3600 3s LiHV x2 batteries. This is the 5th Hover/Flight with theses batteries.

View attachment 27514
After many tests with some lipos. I calculate that mavic pro load current of about 9 ampe/h with stock battery in P mode. And for every 65 g incremental, the load current increases by 1 a/h. So with 2 x 3.6 ah protex lipo + 3,8 ah stock battery will have total of 11 ah. Battery's weight which increase is 221 x 2 = 442 g, so load current increase 442/65 = 7 ah. So total of load current of your mavic about 9 + 7 = 16 ah. And max flight time is about 11/16*60 = 41,4 minutes with 0% remaining capacity. I don't think it can get 48 minutes flight time.

Reactions: SkyNinja
k26zTCD.png

First flight tests on 4s going well. Climb outs are brisk, with the vertical velocity overshooting the 10m/s limit before the software can back down the power. Once I equalize the weight and aero to match my 3s configuration I'll have some accurate efficiency comparison numbers.
Very interesting !! Did you connector 4s 18650 directly to Mavic so 4,1 X 4 or you connect 4s normal lipo ?

Very interesting !! Did you connector 4s 18650 directly to Mavic so 4,1 X 4 or you connect 4s normal lipo ?
4s lipo for testing but will be 4s HV later. I'll reconfigure my 4 x Thunderpower 3s 4500HV into 3 x 4s 4500.

4s lipo for testing but will be 4s HV later. I'll reconfigure my 4 x Thunderpower 3s 4500HV into 3 x 4s 4500.
Do you use only that external TP lipo 4s or use with stock battery, if that is first case, how do you set battery mode in DJI assistant?

Last edited:
Do you use only external that TP lipo 4s or use with stock battery, if that is first case, how do you set battery mode in DJI assistant?
I tried both ways and didn't change the cell number in assistant. I always fly on the non-dji battery setting in assistant.

I tried both ways and didn't change the cell number in assistant. I always fly on the non-dji battery setting in assistant.
Woah! If you did not change cell number in DJI Assistant, have any warning during yoy fly, example high voltage warning. If did not, using of high voltage in 3s battery mode will bring more advantages, do you agree?

No warnings. Current draw was reduced as expected, but the real test will be how efficient the 1400kV motors are on 4s.

No warnings. Current draw was reduced as expected, but the real test will be how efficient the 1400kV motors are on 4s.
Yeap! I have some 18650, if using it in 3s pack, it's voltage decrease very quickly under 3.5 v (mavic will landing, or warning continuously), if I use it in 4s, I think it will solve the problem! I only fear the circuit will be burnt because of high voltage in 3s mode

After many tests with some lipos. I calculate that mavic pro load current of about 9 ampe/h with stock battery in P mode. And for every 65 g incremental, the load current increases by 1 a/h. So with 2 x 3.6 ah protex lipo + 3,8 ah stock battery will have total of 11 ah. Battery's weight which increase is 221 x 2 = 442 g, so load current increase 442/65 = 7 ah. So total of load current of your mavic about 9 + 7 = 16 ah. And max flight time is about 11/16*60 = 41,4 minutes with 0% remaining capacity. I don't think it can get 48 minutes flight time.
Thanks I'll take the 41 minutes for sure!

I'm happy to buy your design files for the Mavic, but the Reppah.com won't load. Any other options?

ok guys, ive been asked alot about printing and selling files, but now i dont have time, i wish i did, caz i have many designs and i sell the .STL files on redpah.com for different drones, but i always before have used 3dhubs.com to make a part or shapeways, but shapeways takes forever to get parts, and 3dhubs let you pick who prints them, and he could be right next door to you, or from what i hear if your local library has a printer, they use it for kids to practice, and you can get your part for a few bucks........but anyways i thought i would put a little tutorial on how to use 3dhubs.......its easy

first go to 3dhubs.com
View attachment 11156

click on ..... browse 3d print services
View attachment 11157 it will ask you to upload a file, that you got from me or any other site, just make sure you put it where you can find.....like the desktop

View attachment 11158

then just click and drag it to the drop box, and it will load on there site

View attachment 11159

you should see a little picture of the part if it loaded properly, and if you click the part you can see it better

View attachment 11160

now if your happy click on material selection

View attachment 11161

i choose high end resin, but abs and pla or even flexible are good for any rc applications, plus resins are way more expensive, i use abs the most, just will a 100% fill,cant get any stronger than that

View attachment 11162

now that window popped up and shows you all the people that are associated with 3dhubs and where they are located and shipping cost and cost of part, it usually goes to the guy closets to you
so chose you person and your material

View attachment 11163 View attachment 11164

then click next and it will go to a payment window, i always use paypal......but you can pay many ways

sorry wont let me add more than ten photos, but i hope you get the idea......

hope that helps

or you might have a whole lot of ideas pop in your head, so buy a 3d printer, and have fun......i do

I would gladly pay you, or whomever has your plans are available, but the Redpah.com, but no Bueno. Further, I'm a newbie, but don't need much hand holding, I just need to know where to point. Your designs are awesome.

Can you point me in the right direction

JUST WANT TO RANT
ok off topic, ive designed a lot of parts for different drones, and there is always someone that thinks its ok to steal these designs, i was having a pissing match on a part from a upair drone, i sell files caz its easier to deal with and less time, i do the prototype to show and test the design, and truth if someone pm's me i usually give the file away, but ive been called all kinds of names caz i try to protect whats mine, and some would say its all about the money, well its not, thats why im posting an example, i just sold a box of mavic pieces to some one, they wanted one item but i shipped 5 parts, just made them pay for shipping, but my point is, i have to come up with ideas, or someone blows it in my ear, i design it, and then i make and test it, so there is a cost in all that, but i do it to keep my mind sane and to help others, and its my hobby.....

so here we go, some one asked for Mavic BATWINGS, but they also said why dont i incorporate some legs with them.....so i said HHHHHMMMMMM.........
so design away
then for the print
18 hours later and a whole lot of filament, .....................it did not survive for a test, so hours of lost time, and back to the drawing board

View attachment 12922 View attachment 12923 View attachment 12924 View attachment 12925

Yeap! I have some 18650, if using it in 3s pack, it's voltage decrease very quickly under 3.5 v (mavic will landing, or warning continuously), if I use it in 4s, I think it will solve the problem! I only fear the circuit will be burnt because of high voltage in 3s mode

Yes, the 18650GA cells would work great in a 4s3p configuration which should be just under 600grams. You could get all the power out of them in 4s.

Reactions: rcbanme
Yes, the 18650GA cells would work great in a 4s3p configuration which should be just under 600grams. You could get all the power out of them in 4s.
Anyone in here tried fly mavic with only 18650 battery 3s or 4s for long time, over 30 minutes? any clip or picture?
I also have some 5200 mah lipos, I can fly over 27 minutes with this without stock battery. I am planing to use one higher capacity lipo, 6500 mah for longer time, about 31 minutes. I don't know if 18650 batteries can help flying more than that lipo!

Attachments

• 26176912_917305745101671_2035721598_n.jpg
    26176912_917305745101671_2035721598_n.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 51
Anyone in here tried fly mavic with only 18650 battery 3s or 4s for long time, over 30 minutes? any clip or picture?
I also have some 5200 mah lipos, I can fly over 27 minutes with this without stock battery. I am planing to use one higher capacity lipo, 6500 mah for longer time, about 31 minutes. I don't know if 18650 batteries can help flying more than that lipo!
3s 18650 has been tried by a few people, but the low voltage curve doesn't work well with Mavic resulting in half your runtime in forced landing mode. I believe with 4s configuration 18650 batteries should work well as it will allow you to pull all the energy while keeping overall voltage high enough for Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23