DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

So even if you turn it back on and it remains on are goes into the charging mode you just repeat the steps until it remains on? I'm assuming by repeating the steps it allows the externals to adjust themselves to the internals? Did I say that right?

Lol. Yes it makes sense. So let me see if I have this right. I can fully charge the Mavic battery with the stock charger to 4.3 volts and fully charge th lihv packs to 4.35 volts. Then I can takeoff in this scenario by turning on the drone with the Mavic battery, then plugging in the externals and immediately trying to take off. If it goes into charge mode and the Mavic battery turns off I would land the drone, and leaving the externals plugged in I would turn the Mavic battery on and immediately try to take off again. I would repeat this until I am able to take off and all lights remain green on the dji app meaning no battery air?

Sigh....I think I explained that how I meant.

Hi guys! Anyone has tried to fly mavic with external lipo 4s for many times! I had tried with 4s 1550 mah lipo, but I dont see any improvement about flight time or effectiveness in comparison to 3s lipo which in the same power and weight!

Attachments

• 27399956_934648393367406_1656410785_n.jpg
    27399956_934648393367406_1656410785_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 58
Hi Folks, I have a question for the experts, I saw in this thread people connecting the battery board of a Mavic battery directly to other battery configurations, I want to try to do that but with the intent of refurbishing a stock battery.
I have an old stock battery with 75 cycles that is holding about 3200 mAh, is it worth trying to re-new the battery? I mean taking out the old cells and replacing them with the same new ones. Is the time and effort worth it? Thank you!

Hi Folks, I have a question for the experts, I saw in this thread people connecting the battery board of a Mavic battery directly to other battery configurations, I want to try to do that but with the intent of refurbishing a stock battery.
I have an old stock battery with 75 cycles that is holding about 3200 mAh, is it worth trying to re-new the battery? I mean taking out the old cells and replacing them with the same new ones. Is the time and effort worth it? Thank you!
Not worth it. You are not likely to find the right cells that will fit. Use that battery for experimenting as external battery interface.

Thank you CyberNate, perhaps I'll try the mod from "Nofate" with that battery, he never posted again about the value of the resistor he changed, I know he was going to experiment with other values for the resistor but I never saw any more replies from him. Has anyone else tried this?
CyberNate, what do you think of that mod? is it as good as going through the Mavic power wiring?

Thank you CyberNate, perhaps I'll try the mod from "Nofate" with that battery, he never posted again about the value of the resistor he changed, I know he was going to experiment with other values for the resistor but I never saw any more replies from him. Has anyone else tried this?
CyberNate, what do you think of that mod? is it as good as going through the Mavic power wiring?

Well, I think there is potential for 4s battery using the internal board. That is something that Lolo has messed around with. Mavic flies WAY faster on 4s and is quite efficient. I haven't messed with it yet. You would simply connection 3 of the 4 cells to the BMS board. Something to experiment with.

What mode are you flying in to achieve 32mph and 40+ min flight times with the dual pro teks.

What mode are you flying in to achieve 32mph and 40+ min flight times with the dual pro teks.
Just GPS with obstacle avoidance disabled. I have increased my tilt to 28 degrees for 34mph. On that limit run I used stock tilt settings, but my new setting is even more efficient.

Just GPS with obstacle avoidance disabled. I have increased my tilt to 28 degrees for 34mph. On that limit run I used stock tilt settings, but my new setting is even more efficient.
Thanks. With gps and obstacle avoidance off in the stock setup I was getting as high as 18mph with no wind. Is it the externals that are increasing the speed

Thanks. With gps and obstacle avoidance off in the stock setup I was getting as high as 18mph with no wind. Is it the externals that are increasing the speed

You need to recheck your settings. Should see over 30mph.

Make sure you turned off beginner mode as well and enable multiple flight modes.

Hey Guys,
So I Just got done testing this mod, and I wanted to let you know my results. I know that there is a lot of controversy over whether or not these actually work. In sport mode the batteries add about 4.3 minutes of flight time, while in regular flying the batteries add about 8.2 minutes of flight time even with the extra weight. It's not a huge difference but it can come in handy. I also like the way that the Mavic flys with the extra weight, it feels more stable. The mod I constructed above weighs around 176 grams in total. After about 2 hours of testing I have experienced no problems. I did a lot of research before testing this in the field and found that the extra power on the Mavics battery cells shouldn't affect it. My guess on how this works is that the LiPo batteries charge the Mavics smart battery while it is flying, as the remote doesn't read any extra mAh or volts, another reason I have for this theory is that the LiPo's can be used for three flights before they should be charged again. I am happy to answer any questions.
Hi Ive just noticed this thread. 170+ pages. Im too lazy/busy to read all the posts can someone help me please? An answer may be in these 170+ pages. I want to take power OFF the mavic batteries to power another small attachment - a mini piezo siren ... see thread about making a noise. Can the same neat attachment to the battery connecting terminals take power OFF as well as add to the power. I know this would shorten the flight time. I just want to fly out, make a noise and then come back. If I add a separate battery to the siren it adds weight. Thanks for any help.

Hey @CyberNate,,, whats the weight of your Mav with the 3 - 3600's?
Just under 1390 grams.

Edit: forgot y adapter which is 6 grams. About 1396 grams.

Only weight reduction is removal of fan, WiFi card, and rear motor caps for cooling. I also used 18 gauge wire and xt30 connectors for battery mod. I should add, I don't recommend 18 gauge. 16 would be better choice.

Last edited:
I received my proteks today and a new dual protek lihv capable charger. I charged both batteries at 3.6 amps until the charger said they were full. I then turned on my Mavic with the stock battery then plugged in the externals. I had a voltage reading on the screen of 4.29 and no battery error. Does this mean that the externals charged to less than 4.29 volts(I’m assuming that reading was the stock battery voltage)? If you think this is the case, how do you charge the lihvs to a particular voltage(say 4.35). I don’t see any options to select what voltage to charge them to on the charger. I only see 1 option which is to enter what amp you want to charge the battery at.

I received my proteks today and a new dual protek lihv capable charger. I charged both batteries at 3.6 amps until the charger said they were full. I then turned on my Mavic with the stock battery then plugged in the externals. I had a voltage reading on the screen of 4.29 and no battery error. Does this mean that the externals charged to less than 4.29 volts(I’m assuming that reading was the stock battery voltage)? If you think this is the case, how do you charge the lihvs to a particular voltage(say 4.35). I don’t see any options to select what voltage to charge them to on the charger. I only see 1 option which is to enter what amp you want to charge the battery at.

You need to read the manual. Select lihv and final voltage 4.35. I think that charger comes set for 4.30v. The manual is available online.

You have an awesome setup. Is there a link with a step by step process for this dual connector mod inside the Mavic? Also how much are you improving over the 30 mins of flight time from the MPP?

This has been covered many times in great detail, but today is your lucky day. I just got a new bird and wired her up tonight and took a few pictures that you can reference doing your own mod.

Good luck!

dronemods-504.png dronemods-503.png dronemods-502.png dronemods-501.png dronemods-500.png

Reactions: lolo780 and rcbanme
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs