DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

No need for decoder, DIY, see post #92 or around that.
Thanks... I missed the "key" for the first seven characters... I read something in the early posts referring to the numbers nearer the end... stuck in my head that was part of it and I couldn't reconcile with the table in #92.... I got it now. Thanks again. s2

Thanks... I missed the "key" for the first seven characters... I read something in the early posts referring to the numbers nearer the end... stuck in my head that was part of it and I couldn't reconcile with the table in #92.... I got it now. Thanks again. s2
Or if you are lazy like me, you can use D-Serial. Available in both Play Store and App Store for free.

My Mavic's serial starts with 08QU, purchased from Tomtop. Had no chance to test it, it's still sitting in its box as I'm abroad :)
It's a ordinary Mavic coming with 1 battery.

my mavic pro serial number starts with 08QCE i have been searching all over but haven't seen this serial number sequence on any of these forums I'm wondering if this is an old unit? if anyone knows id greatly appreciate it!!

my mavic pro serial number starts with 08QCE i have been searching all over but haven't seen this serial number sequence on any of these forums I'm wondering if this is an old unit? if anyone knows id greatly appreciate it!!
See my post #183 above.

Someone also gave a link for Serial Number decoder that works, but can't find it now as I didn't save it. As mentioned in the post above, you can use D-Serial for that.

Reactions: born2drone
See my post #183 above.

Someone also gave a link for Serial Number decoder that works, but can't find it now as I didn't save it. As mentioned in the post above, you can use D-Serial for that.

I used D-serial and it says on my mavic pro s/n 08QUE is from august with updated camera? i may have updated camera? i also have another one 08QCE built in september but does not say i have updated camera its little confusing. . . is there even an updated camera?

Reactions: born2drone
I used D-serial and it says on my mavic pro s/n 08QUE is from august with updated camera? i may have updated camera? i also have another one 08QCE built in september but does not say i have updated camera its little confusing. . . is there even an updated camera?
08QCE should be an early build Mavic Pro. Probably last year's.

As for updated camera, that's what some people say: the latest build Mavic Pro comes with upgraded camera. Some says the camera is indeed improved, some says they see no difference.

08QCE should be an early build Mavic Pro. Probably last year's.

As for updated camera, that's what some people say: the latest build Mavic Pro comes with upgraded camera. Some says the camera is indeed improved, some says they see no difference.

The D serial app said 08QCE92xxxxxxx is "mavic pro from September 2017" and 08QUE8Rxxxxxxx is "mavic pro/ mavic pro platinum with upgraded camera from august 2017" i wonder why it wouldn't say the same thing for the one from 09/17 which was built at a later date any way to confirm if the camera is updated?

The D serial app said 08QCE92xxxxxxx is "mavic pro from September 2017" and 08QUE8Rxxxxxxx is "mavic pro/ mavic pro platinum with upgraded camera from august 2017" i wonder why it wouldn't say the same thing for the one from 09/17 which was built at a later date any way to confirm if the camera is updated?
Does the 08QCE92xxxxxxx has an R at the end? The R at the end could mean it's a refurb as stated in the other thread. As I recall, 08QD came in early - mid of this year while 08QC is earlier than that.

Does anyone have an R in their serial number? If where is it located? And does this mean it’s refurbished? I had to send in my brand new mavic and got one back the other day. It’s got an R in the number and I’ve heard this stands for refurbished. I did an online chat with Dji and they told me mine is brand new after they looked my number up. They said if it’s refurbished the serial number will end in -R. My R is in the 10th spot. Any ideas???

Does anyone have an R in their serial number? If where is it located? And does this mean it’s refurbished? I had to send in my brand new mavic and got one back the other day. It’s got an R in the number and I’ve heard this stands for refurbished. I did an online chat with Dji and they told me mine is brand new after they looked my number up. They said if it’s refurbished the serial number will end in -R. My R is in the 10th spot. Any ideas???

They said if it’s refurbished the serial number will end in -R, and yours doesn't. Fourteen digits make up the serial number, and the -R is a suffix that denotes a refurbished unit. A cursory search reveals the above information to be correct, and along with DJI's telling you it's new... any ideas???

They said if it’s refurbished the serial number will end in -R, and yours doesn't. Fourteen digits make up the serial number, and the -R is a suffix that denotes a refurbished unit. A cursory search reveals the above information to be correct, and along with DJI's telling you it's new... any ideas???

Thanks for the reply.....
After sleeping on it and something just not feeling right about the R I did an online chat again and got someone different. She looked it up and this time I got told it was a refurbished. Needless to say I was mad that the first chat told me it was new. So the lady and I went around and around about thisnand supposedly my mavic fell into a “after sales” policy and that gives you a refurbished one even though my was really new. Like a week old. I told her that’s not what online chat and the phone support told me and that I would get a chance to pay for the repairs to mine and get mine back or use 1 of my refresh and get a new one. There was no option to pay for my repairs. Just paid for the refresh. But then I get the one with an R. So she gave me a number to call for a manager which I’ll hopefully get to in the next day or so. So basically as of now it looks like we can’t trust what someone at DJI is telling us. If you do an online chat the one the lied to me and said it was new his name is Jester. Don’t take the first answer that your givin since they want to treat us customers like this and lie. Again thanks for the response and it seems that the R can be anywhere in the serial number or in the 10th spot or the last spot.

Reactions: jumper17
I remember something on forum earlier that gave information to find build date. looked something like this.

08QDxxx ........

YEAR (first x)
D = 2016
E = 2017

MONTH (second x)
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

DAY (third x)
(base36) (base10)
1 = 1
2 = 2
3 = 3
4 = 4
5 = 5
6 = 6
7 = 7
8 = 8
9 = 9
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12
D = 13
E = 14
F = 15
G = 16
H = 17
I = NOT Used as I and 1 can be confused.
J = 18
K = 19
L = 20
M = 21
N = 22
O = NOT Used as O and 0 can be confused.
P = 23
Q = 24
R = 25
S = 26
T = 27
U = 28
V = 29
W = 30
X = 31

Thanks for the reply.....
After sleeping on it and something just not feeling right about the R I did an online chat again and got someone different. She looked it up and this time I got told it was a refurbished. Needless to say I was mad that the first chat told me it was new. So the lady and I went around and around about thisnand supposedly my mavic fell into a “after sales” policy and that gives you a refurbished one even though my was really new. Like a week old. I told her that’s not what online chat and the phone support told me and that I would get a chance to pay for the repairs to mine and get mine back or use 1 of my refresh and get a new one. There was no option to pay for my repairs. Just paid for the refresh. But then I get the one with an R. So she gave me a number to call for a manager which I’ll hopefully get to in the next day or so. So basically as of now it looks like we can’t trust what someone at DJI is telling us. If you do an online chat the one the lied to me and said it was new his name is Jester. Don’t take the first answer that your givin since they want to treat us customers like this and lie. Again thanks for the response and it seems that the R can be anywhere in the serial number or in the 10th spot or the last spot.

I'm with you man, I went through something alike, my S.N. has an "R" at the end, not "-R" one, and I contacted support. The first one told me it was a refurbished one, so should contact dealer (B&H) for replacement, 5 minutes later he told me was wrong, made a mistake and my unit was not a refurbished one. So I decided to contact again. The 2nd advisor told me it was refurbished and should send email to [email protected]. The 3rd one told me it wasn't a refurbished one, as they have the "-R" and mine didn't, but the 4th one told me it was. This is so confusing. I got in touch with a DJI forum administrator, hope he contact soon.

I'm with you man, I went through something alike, my S.N. has an "R" at the end, not "-R" one, and I contacted support. The first one told me it was a refurbished one, so should contact dealer (B&H) for replacement, 5 minutes later he told me was wrong, made a mistake and my unit was not a refurbished one. So I decided to contact again. The 2nd advisor told me it was refurbished and should send email to [email protected]. The 3rd one told me it wasn't a refurbished one, as they have the "-R" and mine didn't, but the 4th one told me it was. This is so confusing. I got in touch with a DJI forum administrator, hope he contact soon.

Yes it is very confusing. I was told that about the -R for refurbished but saw somewhere that if there’s an R in the 10th spot it’s refurbished too. So that’s when I contacted them again and got the two different answers. I just got an email today with a survey to take. Well I took it and they got all 1 stars and then I let them have it in the comment section. Not that it will do any good. Also got a phone number for a manager from the lady that told me it was refurbished and plan on contacting them tomorrow to see what can be done and to let them know they have chat support lying to customers. Should get brand new if you buy the dang care refresh and I was told that from online support. He said if it’s new when you bought it you get new and if it’s refurbished that you bought you get refurbished. Lesson learned and I’ll watch DJI very carefully from here on out. Or I’ll just get a different company drone if I get another one. Here’s the phone number the lady gave me for a manager..... 818-235-0789. Probably won’t get anywhere with that number but Incase anyone wants to use it. It I think it’s just a main number for DJI. I’ll find out tomorrow. Hope your get a good answer from DJI.

This is what I got, so I hope is true.

Attachments

• 20171228_144340.png
    20171228_144340.png
    128 KB · Views: 60
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member