DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

Yes it is.

Can you not get to the site at all? Or, can you get there, and when you submit a serial number it just hangs?

Also, please tell me what browser you're using.

Just updated all the batteries info in HD now Airdata. It's interesting to see when the batteries were made and how a supplier like B & H Photo has batteries from different manufacturing dates. Also what is weird to see is my Gimbal was made after my Mavic...

Thanks for the awesome tool!!

1) 08QDDCU
2) ANATEL
3)YES FLY MORE COMBO
4) NEVER OPENED
Bought end of January Best buy Peterborough Ontario Canada

Would seem the recent builds are coming with both Anatel and Trashcan logos fitted.

upload_2017-4-4_13-58-53.png

No 3682 built on Feb 27, 2017.

What if your Mavic serial is 15 characters? I sent mine back for a warranty repair and they are sending me back a new (possibly refurbished) one with a serial number beginning 08QUD. The U is the obvious extra character. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Wait until you actually get your replacement and confirm the actual serial number has 15 characters then. I assume you are basing this idea on correspondence you have rather than reading an actual serial number on the device. Probably a typo.

Wait until you actually get your replacement and confirm the actual serial number has 15 characters then. I assume you are basing this idea on correspondence you have rather than reading an actual serial number on the device. Probably a typo.

Definitely will do that. I am basing it off of the serial number they updated to my DJI Care Refresh as the replacement. If it is a typo then I will have to contact them to correct in my agreement. Thanks.

What if your Mavic serial is 15 characters? I sent mine back for a warranty repair and they are sending me back a new (possibly refurbished) one with a serial number beginning 08QUD. The U is the obvious extra character. Sorry if this has been asked before.

I am in the same boat as you, my correspondence with DJI says my serial number is 08QUE3G00108HX on the Mavic on its way to me now. Was yours a typo in your correspondence with DJI?

My Serial 08QUE3H00106KL Built March 17, 2017, Controller March 24, 2017, and battery that came with it March 25, 2017. All good so far

Last edited:
Mine is build at 12th February and until now I have no issues at all.

Seems I got very unlucky since mine was built as I understand it on March 17 and has both bad gimbal (jello/vibrations from time to time) and bad camera (massively blurred right side). And only reason I was waiting for few months was just not to get lemon :(

I'm reading a post from Logger on page 5 that seems to summarize the algorithm pretty well. I was wondering if we can tell if a mavic is refurbished from this?

I sent in a mavic a few weeks ago with the care refresh being applied. Therefore, I get either a brand new drone or a refurb. The replacement drone that I am receiving has the following serial number:
08QUE4800105DC. The original drone was 08QDDBM01203CG.

Everything I have read seems to indicate that the character at position 4 is constantly "D". However, in this case it's U. This is similar to what was reported by Nightowl702 and mnobes.12. mnobes.12 said his was through refresh as well. I'm not sure about Nightowl702.

Are any people getting brand new Mavics with a "U" in the fourth position? I'm honestly just trying to figure out if this is a refurbished or brand new unit. According to the decoder site, it says it was manufactured on Saturday, April, 8th 2017. This was just before the time I sent my drone in for repair/replacement, so I figured maybe it was brand new. For all I know, this could be the date of repair completion of a drone that was refurbished. Would anyone know if the same S/N gets used on refurbs or do they get new ones?

I bought a Mavic Pro from a local dealer on Tuesday and its serial number starts with 08QUE... My guess is new batches might just have "QU"s instead of "QD"s.

Btw, decoder website is not working. It doesn't fetch any data after hitting the decode button.

I'm reading a post from Logger on page 5 that seems to summarize the algorithm pretty well. I was wondering if we can tell if a mavic is refurbished from this?

I sent in a mavic a few weeks ago with the care refresh being applied. Therefore, I get either a brand new drone or a refurb. The replacement drone that I am receiving has the following serial number:
08QUE4800105DC. The original drone was 08QDDBM01203CG.

Everything I have read seems to indicate that the character at position 4 is constantly "D". However, in this case it's U. This is similar to what was reported by Nightowl702 and mnobes.12. mnobes.12 said his was through refresh as well. I'm not sure about Nightowl702.

Are any people getting brand new Mavics with a "U" in the fourth position? I'm honestly just trying to figure out if this is a refurbished or brand new unit. According to the decoder site, it says it was manufactured on Saturday, April, 8th 2017. This was just before the time I sent my drone in for repair/replacement, so I figured maybe it was brand new. For all I know, this could be the date of repair completion of a drone that was refurbished. Would anyone know if the same S/N gets used on refurbs or do they get new ones?

Last edited:
Just tried the decoder on my Spark S/N and its Gimbal S/N and it came back with realistic dates.

Thanks for all the hard work in creating this useful tool.ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Mine was made Sunday, September, 25th 2016
Never had any issues
Ordered early on launch day and got it a month later.

Yours is the oldest in the listed fleet. I can't believe they made people work on Sunday in China.

mine was a few weeks after yours.
Mavic Pro (08QDDXXXXXXXXXXX) was manufactured on Wednesday, October, 12th 2016

Reactions: HSK
Nice work on the decoder!

Just ran all my gear through it and it reports the MP as 5th March, Controller as 25th Feb, included batt as 27th Feb, 2 extra batts as 1st March, multi charger as 5th March and finally the Fly More Kit as 7th March. All adds up as the kit was then shipped to AUS 10th March and I purchased 2nd April and received 5th April.

The only bizarre part is the DJIGO4 app reports a different serial number to the one on the outside of the controller. The one on the outside (08WUE2R00101NG) comes back with 25th Feb manufacture and the serial reported by the GO4 (08RDE16001025H) says 6th January...

Anyone else have a different serial number printed on the controller to the one reported by the GO4 app? Is there anyway to read the 'internal' serial of the Mavic itself?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU