DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

OK, so I guess that's not it. I'll delete my post. Thanks for the info.

No need to delete - that was a good thought!

You just made me think that maybe there were examples out there that would help out. That's why I searched some samples out...

Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Has anyone noticed a date mismatch between the mavic sn and the controller sn?

Using the decoder DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder, it tells me the FlyMore Mavic date is Jan 24 2017, the controller date Dec 17 2016.

Ordered 5th Jan, shipped 17 Feb.
(Would you believe it, been away so haven't even had a chance to fly it yet, got back 10 days ago to bad tropical storms and flooding - today is the first day with good weather, hopefully get to play tonight!)

Using the decoder DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder, it tells me the FlyMore Mavic date is Jan 24 2017, the controller date Dec 17 2016.

Ordered 5th Jan, shipped 17 Feb.
(Would you believe it, been away so haven't even had a chance to fly it yet, got back 10 days ago to bad tropical storms and flooding - today is the first day with good weather, hopefully get to play tonight!)
Same by me
Controller=December 3rd
Magic regular=January 10th

I hadn't noticed this but I see this as quite possible. I had noticed a similar thing with batteries though and it had made me pretty confident the date schema is accurate.

When the Mavic was released at the start of OCT most of us had to wait nearly a month for delivery, due manufacturing delays. It was widely rumoured that battery manufacturing was causing the hold up.

My Mavic has a build date of SEP 29 which is before release date, but as I bought the FlyMore combo with 3 batteries they could not deliver it. Lo and behold checking the 3 battery build dates reveals 28 Sep, 13 Oct & 28 Oct. So one battery was ready at the Mavic build date, but the other two held things up. I received my kit on 4 Nov.

No need to delete - that was a good thought!

You just made me think that maybe there were examples out there that would help out. That's why I searched some samples out...

Thanks for joining in the conversation.
Yeah good idea @Atomicbear I had considered Q for Quad too , but discounted this for the same reason, when I found the list of Phantom serials quoted way back on page 1 of this thread.

production date 17.01.2017 - ordered on 11.02. - delivered around 22.02.

1 = E1H0
2 =Anatel
3 = Y
4 = N
5 =

do we know already since which production date the un-wired cables are fixed?
i really don't want to open my MP :)

Last edited:
DBN0 (Tuesday, November 22, 2016)
Trashcan
Fly Less (didn't order Fly More combo)
Haven't opened
Wires probably not twisted. I'll have a look this weekend.
Ordered November 18 (Best Buy Canada) Received January 16, 2017.
FWIW: I have had some compass errors in Sport Mode. Chalked it up to bad signal, but now I know what REALLY caused it. Thumbswayup:DThumbswayup
Thanks to all for your input on this forum. Really awesome

Last edited:
DCB0 (Tuesday, November 22, 2016)
Trashcan
Fly Less (didn't order Fly More combo)
Haven't opened
Wires probably not twisted. I'll have a look this weekend.
Ordered November 18 (Best Buy Canada) Received January 16, 2017.
FWIW: I have had some compass errors in Sport Mode. Chalked it up to bad signal, but now I know what REALLY caused it. Thumbswayup:DThumbswayup
Thanks to all for your input on this forum. Really awesome
Curious on your wires, mine is Nov 30 but really dont want to crack it open as it flies real well.

I'll have a look and let you know. I'm thinking this weekend, but now I'm really curious too - so, maybe a 2-beer job tonight? ;)

I also had compass errors in sport mode, but cracked it open to find twisted wires... Felt like a bit let down, was looking forward to an easy fix!
(ordered 16Oct, Delivered 6 Jan, serial says production 17 Dec)

Received my Mavic Pro yesterday here in western Canada... pretty fresh indeed!

Your Mavic Pro (08QDE2J01205##) was manufactured on Saturday, February, 18th 2017

Just got mine today
Mavic Pro Main Controller Board Saturday, December, 31st 2016
And ....
Your Mavic Pro was manufactured on Tuesday, February, 14th 2017

So I guess it's almost brand spanking new!!

DCB0 (Tuesday, November 22, 2016)
That would be December 11, 2016 actually.
D= 2016, C becomes 9+3=Dec and B becomes 9 + 2 = 11th day.

Reactions: vagdesign
I also had compass errors in sport mode, but cracked it open to find twisted wires... Felt like a bit let down, was looking forward to an easy fix!
(ordered 16Oct, Delivered 6 Jan, serial says production 17 Dec)
So your is DCH is it? Would like to know so I can narrow down the twist cut over date.
I am wondering if yours could benefit from a couple more twists. There is a suggestion that adding extra twists to an already wound set up may help,

Just discovered this thread. Thanks for all the work! It looks like mine was built on Dec 26, which seems reasonable, considering that I received it in the first Romanian reseller batch (via preorder) on Jan 16.

I just put in the serial number for my P4P. Can I assume that even though it says "your Mavic Pro" that the manufacture date is correct?

Could you PM me the serial number? I can change my web code to recognize the P4s and display differently.

Thanks!

So your is DCH is it? Would like to know so I can narrow down the twist cut over date.
I am wondering if yours could benefit from a couple more twists. There is a suggestion that adding extra twists to an already wound set up may help,

Yep DCH (gave all details on page 4, post #80 - just repeated here for benefit of people asking questions)

Maybe just fly less in sport mode? At times had weak/absent GPS after 200m in sport mode, other times flown over 2000m before GPS fails. inside the wires fairly well twisted!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje