DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Build Info - Serial Number?

That would be December 11, 2016 actually.
D= 2016, C becomes 9+3=Dec and B becomes 9 + 2 = 11th day.

Ha! Funny. I was reading the spot on the decoder where it says "example". I'm a dummy. The correct code is DBN0. I'll modify my original post. Thanks for the head's up.

So if you are interested in helping decode this, please either post or PM me characters 5,6,7 & 8 from your serial number & answer a couple of Questions. It should help us to sort this out.

View attachment 7706

Post digits 5 to 8 of your serial number which tells me build date & variation. This does not divulge your serial as I do not need the last 3 characters (z z z) which give a unique sequence number on each date. Just the portion of serial visible on my two mavics below and if you have a trash can or Anatel logo.

View attachment 7709
28 Sep 2016

View attachment 7710
1 Dec 2016

So post or PM

1) Serial number snippet XXXY (example 08QDDC10 or just DC10 if you prefer.) =
2) Trashcan or Anatel logo on label (T or A) =
3) Did you buy the Fly More Combo (Y or N) =
4) I have opened my Mavic (Y or N) =
5) If Yes to Q4 , were the wires twisted (Y or N) =

Example responses

1 = DC10
2 =T
3 = Y
4 = N
5 =

1 = DA7A
2 =A
3 = N
4 = Y
5 = Y

Just cut and paste this if you wish...

1 =
2 =
3 =
4 =
5 =

TIA...

Hi all....A Newb here, I have a question. I have no Trashcan or Anatel logo on label on the arm. All that is on the arm is the WIFI and Passcode. That's it. I have only had it less than a week but where else can/do I look to find out what my serial # is? This may be a silly question, however, I am a newb and have a LOT to learn. Thanks for your assistance guys.

Hi all....A Newb here, I have a question. I have no Trashcan or Anatel logo on label on the arm. All that is on the arm is the WIFI and Passcode. That's it. I have only had it less than a week but where else can/do I look to find out what my serial # is? This may be a silly question, however, I am a newb and have a LOT to learn. Thanks for your assistance guys.

It's not on the arm. It's in the body of the Mavic under the battery. Take your battery out and look in the empty cavity. You'll find it there.

It's not on the arm. It's in the body of the Mavic under the battery. Take your battery out and look in the empty cavity. You'll find it there.

Oops! My bad... Ok it looks like my Mavic Pro (08QDE2R01203XX) was manufactured on Saturday, February, 25th 2017 and my controller was manufactured on Monday, February, 20th 2017.

Pretty cool guys! Thanks for all the hard work!

DBN0 (Tuesday, November 22, 2016)
Trashcan
Fly Less (didn't order Fly More combo)
Haven't opened
Wires probably not twisted. I'll have a look this weekend.
Ordered November 18 (Best Buy Canada) Received January 16, 2017.
FWIW: I have had some compass errors in Sport Mode. Chalked it up to bad signal, but now I know what REALLY caused it. Thumbswayup:DThumbswayup
Thanks to all for your input on this forum. Really awesome

UPDATE: actually it was only a "one beer job". My wires were NOT twisted. (They are now!). Nov 22, 2016 build date. Hope this helps narrow down the "twisted date" for the rest of you...

Interesting from this thread my build is Nov 30, 2016 and I have the Anatel logo. That would be 1 day before folks thought the anatel logo appeared. Interesting item still is one of my batteries are 15 days later and purchased late January from dealer. My controller says its Dec 29th 2016. Dates are all over the place. Is the DJI supply chain that off. What do I do to check the twisted, what screws and I can report back to firm up the anatel appearance.

Last edited:
My Mavic has 08QDDBM01203DK for a serial number, and 093ADBG0310BYH is the number of the battery it came with. Apparently my drone is 5 days newer than the thing powering it.

It has the trashcan logo, and was built on November 21, 2016. Received December 20th, 2016 after sending a different Mavic in with a defective gimbal the previous month.
So... it doesn't have twisted wires going to the rear motors, I guess. I ought to look up what that means in terms of EMI.

I do know I get that compass warning/magnetic interference error when flying full speed in Sport mode sometimes, and every so often I get ATTI high in the air with 15+ satellites, despite my compasses being in the green when launched, and going weeks without sudden ATTI.

Last edited:
Im trying to figure out this:

Trying to Figure out this

The MFG dates are all over the place:

Mavic : Tuesday, November, 29th 2016
Battery 1: Thursday, December, 15th 2016
Battery 2: Thursday, December, 15th 2016
Battery 3: Wednesday, January, 11th 2017

Fly More Combo Serial put through decoder ring(not sure if that is feasible): Friday, December, 23rd 2016

Thank you to everyone who has worked on this project and taken the time to post. You guys are dedicated - and everybody wins!

Thumbswayup

My Mavic has 08QDDBM01203DK for a serial number, and 093ADBG0310BYH is the number of the battery it came with. Apparently my drone is 5 days newer than the thing powering it.

I suspect they just grab parts from the racks when they are putting together the packages. It's not surprising that random batteries and the remotes can be made weeks after a Mavic is assembled and put on the rack. During January I think they had lots of Mavics but almost no batteries, that's why you could not get the FlyMore combo's.

Rob

Thank you to everyone who has worked on this project and taken the time to post. You guys are dedicated - and everybody wins!

Thumbswayup

Yes thanks to the guys that coded this. Excellent Job! I am looking forward to the Database section.

Rob

Reactions: Nikon1
I went through my Fly More package components & the (2) extra battery packs I've purchased, mostly out of curiosity - but ended up compiling all the parts, S/Ns and costs associated so far. It doesn't take long to add up to a fair piece of change that I've invested. It will all be worth it once we actually get into some decent weather. And, I have all that data in an Excel spreadsheet should I ever need it.

1: 08QDDAF0 ordered Sep 27, 2016
2: Trashcan logo
3: Yes Fly More
4: Not Opened
5: ?
Manufactured Oct 15, 2016, received Oct 31, 2016 (lost Jan 9, 2017)

1: 08QDE1D0 ordered Jan 14, 2017
2: Anatel logo
3: Not Fly More
4: Not Opened
5: ?
Manufactured Jan 13, 2017, received Feb 1

Hello, so definitely the date of trashcan and Anatel logo switch is 29th Nov. I have seen some pics here, where 30th Nov had Anatel logo, my bird was made 29th Nov and I have trashcan.
82fde2ba8fbb455d6886f0d0c2668000.jpg

Reactions: gbracer08
Last question at all - do you think that it is a good idea to crack my bird just to see twisted or untwisted wires? I have no issues while flying in sports mode, compass bars are green when flying at full forward and up (100% power). I if crack it, I do it just for knowleadge of this thread ;-)

Curiosity killed the cat . . .

IMHO - If you're not having issues, why (potentially) create some just to glean that satisfaction.

YMMV and Good Luck.

Hello, so definitely the date of trashcan and Anatel logo switch is 29th Nov. I have seen some pics here, where 30th Nov had Anatel logo, my bird was made 29th Nov and I have trashcan.
Not exactly. There was seemingly an overlap. I have seen as late as 17 Dec still with Trashcan and as early as 1 Dec with the newer Anatel. So for a period of several weeks both variants of nomenclature were being produced. This is not to say the hardware was any different, but none the less, odd that they would concurrently run two label types, unless there was a good reason.

Not exactly. There was seemingly an overlap. I have seen as late as 17 Dec still with Trashcan and as early as 1 Dec with the newer Anatel. So for a period of several weeks both variants of nomenclature were being produced. This is not to say the hardware was any different, but none the less, odd that they would concurrently run two label types, unless there was a good reason.

Using the decoder DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder, it tells me the FlyMore Mavic date is Jan 24 2017, the controller date Dec 17 2016, it has the trashcan ?!?!

Thanks for the update. So seemingly the overlap continues. My guess it is pretty meaningless. Brazilian destined Mavics probably need the Anatel logo for compliance and they do runs to supply that market. Left over Anatel along with regular Trashcan for elsewhere.

Im trying to figure out this:

Trying to Figure out this

The MFG dates are all over the place:

Mavic : Tuesday, November, 29th 2016
Battery 1: Thursday, December, 15th 2016
Battery 2: Thursday, December, 15th 2016
Battery 3: Wednesday, January, 11th 2017

Fly More Combo Serial put through decoder ring(not sure if that is feasible): Friday, December, 23rd 2016

I looked closely at my Fly More box. There is a QA stamp from DJI on it with December 27, 2016. But the 12 for the month is mashed so who knows. Not sure if that adds anything to any discussion, but some more info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest