DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Camera is facing Down to Zenith

folmher

Reactions
Hi, my ribbon cable flex was damaged (without any crash) so i ordered a new one and changed it with various youtube videos.

The classic "gimbal motor overload" message is not poping out now, but the camera is facing down looking at the zenith (-90° i guess)
*the remote control is calibrated
*i can move up and down slightly but no to 0°
*the motors or gimbal are not very hot
*I do a callibration with the app DJI GO 4, and it stop at 52% (when try to pitch from -90 to +30)
*firmware updated, downgraded, reseted, etc

so, i ordered a new flex cable and, maybe because it was damaged or bad install, showed again the "gimbal overload".

im not sure if i should try wiht a 3rd new flex or if is any other problem, maybe related to the pitch motor assembly.
Any help? Not sure if more data is needed
Thanks

Could be the ribbon cable itself. Depending on where it came from, it may not be a DJI product. Plenty of off brand stuff out there that provides more problem than solution. Just because something says “oem”, doesn’t mean that it’s from DJI sourced supplier. I’ve learned that you have better luck buying from a DJI dealer. Although cloud city didn’t do me any favors on my last order with some non compatible parts. So all in all, crap shoot is probably a good description for the whole mess.

Reactions: folmher and Slade
Could be the ribbon cable itself. Depending on where it came from, it may not be a DJI product. Plenty of off brand stuff out there that provides more problem than solution. Just because something says “oem”, doesn’t mean that it’s from DJI sourced supplier. I’ve learned that you have better luck buying from a DJI dealer. Although cloud city didn’t do me any favors on my last order with some non compatible parts. So all in all, crap shoot is probably a good description for the whole mess.
Yes, im Sure its a non-oem part, just a chinnese clone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie