DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro camera lens filters

Mirabeau Lamar

Reactions
Hi all,
I recently bought a 3-pack of the recommended lens filters, ND 4, 8,16 for my Mavic. I know that they should not be placed on the lens until after the gimbal goes through its movements check, because it will interfere with the process. I put the filter on as per instructions and it was fine for a while, but then the gimbal started to wobble or vibrate. I've tried this several more times with no success. Has anyone else had this experience with the filters and if so, have you found a solution?
Thanks

That is the risk with using some filters. If they are too heavy, they could interfere with the initial calibration. If you try to put it on after starting the drone, you can easily damage the gimbal motor assembly if youre not careful. You might try flying without the filter and see if it still wobbles.

I would ignore those instructions.
Those might be too heavy, you don’t state brand, but most good filters are fine to calibrate fitted.
In fact you should calibrate with them fitted.
From what I’ve seen, and done with my NISI filters set (6 piece) is fit when Mavic is off, gimbal clamp is on, then remove clamp and normal procedure for start up.
They should calibrate fine with filter fitted.
Ensure any filter is pushed on properly, right down to the line in the camera lens.
If I want to change a filter, or adjust an ND-PL, I fly back and turn off Mavic, fit gimbal clamp, change over, then restart.

I have a set of the Neewer filters. Bought of Amazon Au. Always as above fit, adgust and remove with power off and clamp in place. No problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wild86