DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro car charger issues

jmfixitman

Reactions
I've had my mavic pro for I guess a couple years now. I've never used my car charger and went to use it last month, and noticed it doesn't charge my mavic batteries. It acts like its charging for a few minutes, then it shuts off. The only way for it to actually work and complete a charging cycle is to have my truck running... Hardly economical when I have a diesel truck idling to charge a battery... Anyone else have this issue with their car chargers??? DJI seems to think it's me and not a common issue.

I used mine for the first time too in a German MAN truck with a 24 Volt system. It charged the batteries as long as the truck was running and it stopped when I shut it off. Yes there is always 24 volts even when the truck is off.

Reactions: jmfixitman
They all do that, the charger has a voltage cutoff on the input side, it's a feature allegedly to stop you flattening your vehicle battery which is a bit silly when you consider your vehicle battery is eg 70ah @ 12volt = 840watt/hr and you are charging something that is only something like 4ah@ 14v = 56 watt hr (all approximations)
add some losses and you still wont be bothering your truck battery unless you are into charging dozens of batteries

Daft, but I guess in this day and age if some american got stuck with a flat truck battery somewhere the first thing they would do is try to sue someone else for their own stupidity, so DJI are just covering their arse

has nothing to do flatning your vehicle battery,charger needs 14 volts to charge mavic battery and your alternator puts out over 14 volts with engine running,you need voltage to charge

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro