DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro crash - anyone attempt a camera/gimbal replacement?

Sfletcher0001

Reactions
I think a prop broke in midflight, tumbled for 5 seconds and came down thru trees, halfway thru the tumble I got a motor blocked warning. rear arm stop is broken and camera assembly is completely tore loose from the body. but with my spare props it does fly! anyone ever attempt this type of repair? or have a guess what one of the repairs centers might charge?

Sorry to hear about your crash, never nice to have happen, feels like a child has been hurt.

If you want to know for sure (or as close as possible determination) what caused the crash, go the the Crash / Flyaway section, read sticky there, upload flight log in a new post in that section.

You can send it in for repair, DJI or other private drone repair biz, repairs aren't too unreasonable normally, though a new gimbal / camera assembly is a fair cost, even via ebay.

If you want to have a go yourself, search the site here for > Mavic Pro gimbal repair
You should get a lot of hits to read through.

Lots have repaired their drones (including the M1P), just need a bit of patience and have some fine tool dexterity, maybe a really good soldering iron for some work (new arm if needed).
YouTube is full of tutorials going through this process of replacement, search, take a look through, and find one you like as far as info and how they show the detail of work needed etc.

Good luck.

Reactions: Sfletcher0001
Depending on the amount of damage, a quickest way would be the entire gimbal + camera + plate + gimbal board replacement for around US200. I believe this module is sold by DJI. With this the chances for erroneous repair ie changing the wrong thing or not enough of the right things is minimal. This change only enquires hex 1.5mm driver and Phillips driver PH00. If you do further trouble shooting by reading and YouTubing, you can narrow down the area of damage and reduce the costs for sure. It’s really up to your level of determination.

Just to get this straight:

Think a prop broke;

You crashed through a tree on the way down;

Your camera is ripped off the drone;

Your rear arm is broken(?)

Have I gotten it right so far? I wasn't completely clear on your post, sorry.

I have replaced my Gimbal Assembly once before, but I didn't get the entire assembly; just the camera and gimbal with the necessary cables. It was half the price of a gimbal assembly, which runs you from $250 to $300. I paid, all things considered, around $165 From what I can understand, your camera completely ripped off the front of the drone. There is a chance your gimbal control circuit board is still intact, so you may only need a new gimbal and camera setup with the video transmission cable and gimbal ribbon cable. You can get an arm from djidroneservice.com, but I don't know the price.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Update. I put one new prop on and powered it up, hovered and landed. Only errors were related to gimbal. See attached pics, The motor arm isn’t broke. Just the little shelf that limits its travel

Attachments

• 1F5F8E4C-F612-4E9A-B6CE-1F76B55E590D.jpeg
    1F5F8E4C-F612-4E9A-B6CE-1F76B55E590D.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 9E2C3B91-EF62-48C2-874A-E34DDABC73AD.jpeg
    9E2C3B91-EF62-48C2-874A-E34DDABC73AD.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 30
It looks like your video transmission cable is shot, but I can't tell about the ribbon cable

Did you happen to fix your drone?

Crashed my mavic pro over the weekend. Ripped video transmission cable, ribbon, and vibration plate. I ordered a kit from aliexpress and its coming mid june.

no, i still havent fixed it yet, been busy. How much was the kit from AliExpress?

Def go YouTube and this forum and fix it up yourself. It’s not rocket science. Drone science is more about time, patience and a few Allen keys. Some solder and gluing skills, and a few obscenities! And $$$. They do help! But maybe not as many as some may fear!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro