DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro crash back in May 2017

ayoslick

Reactions
So I've been flying my Mavic since January and I've been able to learn the ins and outs of it. In May I was at the park and decided to put it up to grab a shot and all of a sudden my Mavic started going down. It was a windy day but I've flown it in worst conditions with no problems in the past.

As I was doing a wide turn, it appears that the Mavic hit something and I lost control of it. As it's spinning towards the ground, I am trying my best to take control of it with little to no luck. This incident began over water and I somehow managed to get it to land on land. I was able to retrieve my drone and get it replaced by DJI.

I was extremely lucky that I was able to retrieve it as the drone landed in front of someone's yard. During this incident noone was hurt or no property was damaged.

I came up with a few theories during the time of what might've happen. 1 - a bird hit it 2 - someone shot it or something (which idk because I was pretty high) 3 - the decal skin I had on it was lifted by the wind and got caught on one of the propellers (in the picture of the damaged drone the skin seems fine) and 4 - the back left motor broke.

Just throwing this out there to get some people's opinions and to help others with similar situations.

Footage, log, and picture below. Happy and safe flying.

Mavic crash 5-14-17 - Google Drive

*Ever since then, I did purchase a different decal skin for my new Mavic but I recently took it off because I felt insecure flying it with it.

Reactions: Pathogen
This is really my only fear when flying a drone, I have always been careful to fly them far from obstacles, and even then, tree crashes and such usually cause little damage. It's the unexpected mid-flight falls from the sky at 200ft that I fear the most. Your drone is the first I see that really suffered some real damage. Was the gymbal intact?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike