DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro crash caused by malfunction of unit due to defective manufacturing

It sucks that your Mavic had a defect, but this is one of the reasons you shouldn’t be flying close to people.

I think you spelled 'safety' wrong...

Good luck, Lel1, dealing with the robots at dji...hmm, robots building robots... kinda scary.

Dude I think sometimes manufacturers make mistakes. Happens in cars, computers, boxes of cereal.

They acknowledged it was a defect and you got a new one.

Seems like a fair deal and all is good now.

Why carry on like this?

Reactions: FASTFJR
I have not
Dude I think sometimes manufacturers make mistakes. Happens in cars, computers, boxes of cereal.

They acknowledged it was a defect and you got a new one.

Seems like a fair deal and all is good now.

Why carry on like this?
I have not
received a new one and the original post was asking if this has happened to anyone else!

Last edited:
i feel your pain. got my brand spanking new MPP after waiting months, charged batteries and did all calibrations, only to have it crash (flip!) 5 minutes into the flight. was told to send it back to DJI and had to call 2 weeks later after not hearing a thing. i explained that it wasn't anything i did (not possible for me to consciously make it flip) and that i should get a new one rather than repairing the one i sent in. i was told under no certain terms that DJI does not replace crashed drones.
it's maddening how bad customer service is.

Hmmm. Never had a problem with customer service. I have sent my Mavic in and had it replaced when I sent it for a swim. Care Refresh - received another unit. Probably refurb but was in perfect condition so I didn't really care. So... if you receive a working unit that is in good condition they have satisfied their warranty repair. If your engine blows in the first month on your new car they don't give you a new car. They order the engine give you a loaner and fix the car you purchased. DJI CS has been great for me YMMV.

As far as putting up the flight records.. you should. It allows the community to learn from your experience. Not putting up the records well why wouldn't you unless..

I was on a deserted beach in Africa at sunrise.....there were two people on the beach at that time myself and my subject...
One of whom you were flying close enough to that you almost hit her, apparently causing her great distress.

If you purchased something new and expensive and used it for a limited time after purchase and it was found to be defective would you be happy with a repair or replacement??

I think most people would, yes. What else are you hoping for?

Reactions: Kilrah
Would you expect a brand new car, if a defect caused you to dent yours?
Would you expect a replacement house if you brand new roof leaked?
All they are expected to do is make you whole under warranty. Which they did. The fact that they dont just break out another $1000 drone to replace it is NOT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Bad customer service would be if they said, "sold as is, no warranty"

guys, calm down. i didn't mean i sent it back in for a scratch - i thought (and still believe) it was wrong when it was sent to me in the first place. my MPP flipped within the first 5 minutes. i know that's not normal, i didn't do it with the controller, and getting the same one back was looking for trouble again, unless they could diagnose the problem and let me know what caused the problem. they didn't.

it's like driving a car off the lot, you get 5 miles down the road and the car suddenly speeds up on it's own and you crash. you get it back to the dealership, and they cannnot explain why it sped up. you know you didn't do it, but they fix it and give it back. wouldn't you fear it would happen again?

Reactions: Lel1 and Youser
I sometimes feel a repaired or refurbished unit might have more and better QA testing going out the door than a new unit off the shelf. Repair is likely just a PC card replacement.

guys, calm down. i didn't mean i sent it back in for a scratch - i thought (and still believe) it was wrong when it was sent to me in the first place. my MPP flipped within the first 5 minutes. i know that's not normal, i didn't do it with the controller, and getting the same one back was looking for trouble again, unless they could diagnose the problem and let me know what caused the problem. they didn't.

it's like driving a car off the lot, you get 5 miles down the road and the car suddenly speeds up on it's own and you crash. you get it back to the dealership, and they cannnot explain why it sped up. you know you didn't do it, but they fix it and give it back. wouldn't you fear it would happen again?
Hey mate I dont believe that anyone is actually replying to you. They are directing comment at the OP.

Reactions: Zdude70
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty