DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Crash

Pilot361942

Reactions
After four years of flight I had my first Mavic Pro crash.

What do you recommend? Should I ship it to DJI for repairs or maybe to another company?

Is it worth it to repair a 2017 drone or should I just buy a new one? My batteries and controller are all fine.

Pls see the attached picture.

Pilot361942

Attachments

• Mavic Pro Crashed.jpg
    Mavic Pro Crashed.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 47
After four years of flight I had my first Mavic Pro crash.

What do you recommend? Should I ship it to DJI for repairs or maybe to another company?

Is it worth it to repair a 2017 drone or should I just buy a new one? My batteries and controller are all fine.

Pls see the attached picture.

Pilot361942
Try @DDS
DJI Drone service is a vendor here and will ship it to and from even if you don’t do needed repairs with them. Less costly than DJI

Reactions: Jay241
I too have M1P's. About a year ago i hit a low hanging branch in sport mode. it took out the gimbal as well as one of the arms. I sent it to Thunder Drones in the Atlanta area and Bob was reasonable and fast. I think it was under $200 including having it shipped back to me.

Just curious, did you ever get the drone repaired? I repaired my right rear arm mount assembly which required a bit of disassembly and a few low cost replacement parts. It took me @ 2 hours and it's back in flyable status. No Gimble issues or IMU problems though I did calibrate the IMU. Looking at the photo you submitted in Jan it appears to be repairable though I think 3 of the arms will need repair or replacement, blades obviously. The arm assemblies come with the motors and I'd replace the camera. Tear down would be not to bad.. but I'm a long time aircraft mechanic (aircraft electrician) A&P license so it's pretty basic stuff for me.

Reactions: meezfine

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka