DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Disconnect from app, IMU issue?

ratjr15

Reactions
Hi all, hope all are healthy! I was out flying my pro today using Litchi and had a strange issue. I flew a short waypoint mission at 5km/hr shooting photos for a hyperlapse. Once he mission ended, I took over manual control and continued the hyperlapse for a few more min. Everything seemed ok until Litchi disconnected from the AC. I still had rc connection, thankfully and used RTH. I was never able to regain the connection on that flight. I tried restarting all but the AC as well as using DJI Go 4 to see if that would connect and it wouldn't.
I pulled the logs from the tablet as well as the ac. In looking through the data logs, it appears the IMU and GPS differ quite a bit throughout the flight. There are lots of twists and turns shown on the map that i know from watching the ac never made. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

graph.jpggeo.jpg

That kind of discrepancy is normal. What's important is that the tracks are mostly parallel and fairly close.
Thank you for the response, Sar! And thank you for everything you do for this forum! I don't comment much, but I read quite a bit and have seen your magic. You're great at what you do, esp finding downed drones, it seems!
Any thoughts as to the cause of the disconnect? I have all of the log files on my comp if it helps.
It seems as though nothing changed between last flight and this, but obviously something MUST have changed.. I've had nothing I could remotely call an issue with my MP up until now. Hopefully this is just a "one-off" situation, but it doesn't really give me the "warm and fuzzies"..

Reactions: sar104
Thank you for the response, Sar! And thank you for everything you do for this forum! I don't comment much, but I read quite a bit and have seen your magic. You're great at what you do, esp finding downed drones, it seems!
Any thoughts as to the cause of the disconnect? I have all of the log files on my comp if it helps.
It seems as though nothing changed between last flight and this, but obviously something MUST have changed.. I've had nothing I could remotely call an issue with my MP up until now. Hopefully this is just a "one-off" situation, but it doesn't really give me the "warm and fuzzies"..

Are you using iOS or Android?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labbasson