DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Disconnect Issues

Clemcr

Reactions
It has been a couple of months since I had time to fly my Mavic Pro. Today I had time but was unable to fly. After launching and gaining some altitude I get Aircraft Disconnect warning and the camera goes out. If someone can point me in a direction to help solve this problem I will appreciate it. I thought it may have to do with Geofencing but I am not in a restricted area. Thanks for any help.

It has been a couple of months since I had time to fly my Mavic Pro. Today I had time but was unable to fly. After launching and gaining some altitude I get Aircraft Disconnect warning and the camera goes out. If someone can point me in a direction to help solve this problem I will appreciate it. I thought it may have to do with Geofencing but I am not in a restricted area. Thanks for any help.
I’ve had it happen a few times. I just go back to the app and re connect while the drone hovers. I believe the disconnect was caused by me inadvertently touching “something on my phone.

I’ve had it happen a few times. I just go back to the app and re connect while the drone hovers. I believe the disconnect was caused by me inadvertently touching “something on my phone.
Thanks! I brought it back and went through the whole connecting process three times but it continued to disconnect after a few minutes in the air. I will try again late this afternoon after it cools off some. I have not had any problems with the Mavic to this point. Will post later how I do.

Thanks again.

Thanks! I brought it back and went through the whole connecting process three times but it continued to disconnect after a few minutes in the air. I will try again late this afternoon after it cools off some. I have not had any problems with the Mavic to this point. Will post later how I do.

Thanks again.
Yep sounds more complicated then what I have experienced. Hasn’t happened in a while but I do remember that the occurrences were around the same time frame and then stopped .

Has it been crashed? Also, is the controller disconnecting from the drone, or is your device disconnecting from the controller. Its important to know the difference.

Reactions: Canuk
Has it been crashed? Also, is the controller disconnecting from the drone, or is your device disconnecting from the controller. Its important to know the difference.
No, it has never been crashed. As far as the controller, I am not sure what you are asking. It said the aircraft was disconnected. But I had control of the drone, just no camera. It also asked if I wanted to use the RTH feature. I apologize for not knowing if the controller disconnected or my device disconnected.

Thank you for your help.

How far away was the drone when this happened? Were there intervening obstacles.

I understood you to say you still had controller connection, but lost video... correct?

The antennas are directional, point your controller up when ascending after takeoff.

No, it has never been crashed. As far as the controller, I am not sure what you are asking. It said the aircraft was disconnected. But I had control of the drone, just no camera. It also asked if I wanted to use the RTH feature. I apologize for not knowing if the controller disconnected or my device disconnected.

Thank you for your help.

That means that the mobile device disconnected from the controller. The controller was obviously still connected to the aircraft if you had control. That could be caused by a bad USB cable or a problem with the app or device. The first thing I would do is reboot the mobile device, if you haven't tried that. Then I would try a different USB cable, and finally, if those don't fix it, delete and reinstall the GO 4 app.

That means that the mobile device disconnected from the controller. The controller was obviously still connected to the aircraft if you had control. That could be caused by a bad USB cable or a problem with the app or device. The first thing I would do is reboot the mobile device, if you haven't tried that. Then I would try a different USB cable, and finally, if those don't fix it, delete and reinstall the GO 4 app.
Thank you for the explanations and suggestions. I closed all the apps on my phone and shut it completely down. Late this afternoon I restarted everything and connected the drone. All worked correctly and I had no loss of video or any other problems. Tomorrow I am going fly my rc planes at our club. I will bring it with me and test it again. I can see it by line of sight for miles with obstructions (further than I could see it!) . I will report back how things go. Thank you and everyone for your help.

Reactions: Thomas B and sar104
I have had and am currently having the same issue. I have re-booted, deleted and reloaded the app., bought and tried a couple of different cords and when I switched from the USB-c to the strait USB hook up underneath and that worked for about 3 flights and has been spotty since. Sometimes I have connection and can flay and sometimes I get to take off and then get the disconnected message and the camera goes black and white and stops. Sometimes it says it is disconnected but I still have camera. All the while the "allow location access" message pops up every 2 min. The only time it wont connect or work is when the conditions and location are perfect or I want to show someone how awesome my drone is and then it wont connect and I cant fly and that really sucks and is infuriating. Somebody help.

I have had and am currently having the same issue. I have re-booted, deleted and reloaded the app., bought and tried a couple of different cords and when I switched from the USB-c to the strait USB hook up underneath and that worked for about 3 flights and has been spotty since. Sometimes I have connection and can flay and sometimes I get to take off and then get the disconnected message and the camera goes black and white and stops. Sometimes it says it is disconnected but I still have camera. All the while the "allow location access" message pops up every 2 min. The only time it wont connect or work is when the conditions and location are perfect or I want to show someone how awesome my drone is and then it wont connect and I cant fly and that really sucks and is infuriating. Somebody help.

What kind of mobile device are you using?

I see that you are new to the Forum, so perhaps your are fairly new to the hobby as I am. I just passed my first "anniversary" as pilot of my Mavic Pro...and having a blast! I just wanted to share from my own "pain" from working my way through understanding the hows and whys of the DREADED DISCONNECT! So, in the beginning...

1. My first device, (cell phone), I quickly discovered, was inadequate to the task of running DJI Go 4. It did not have enough RAM memory...I think it might of been 1GB. I switched to another phone having 4GM RAM. This got me headed in the right direction.

2. The stock DJI USB cord is a piece of junk. I purchased an Anker braided USB cord and this help.

3. I learned that I would get even less disconnects when I STOPPED using the "charger" port on the left side of the Controller, instead connecting to the USB port center-bottom of the Controller.

4. I found on the DJI Support website detailed instructions on INSTALL DJI GO ON ANDROID (attachment below). Following these instructions was HUGELY helpful in minimizing disconnect issues!!

5. I found on YouTube this series of 3 videos:
#1: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 1 Flight Mode Basics

#2: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 2 Compass Error

#3: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 3 GPS

These three videos were incredibly helpful to my understanding of the delicate balance between “magnetic north”, those “Global Positioning Satellites” orbiting the earth, the compass, IMU, and navigation technologies on board my Mavic Pro.

Hope this is helpful...

Attachments

• Inst DJI GO on Android.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
I see that you are new to the Forum, so perhaps your are fairly new to the hobby as I am. I just passed my first "anniversary" as pilot of my Mavic Pro...and having a blast! I just wanted to share from my own "pain" from working my way through understanding the hows and whys of the DREADED DISCONNECT! So, in the beginning...

1. My first device, (cell phone), I quickly discovered, was inadequate to the task of running DJI Go 4. It did not have enough RAM memory...I think it might of been 1GB. I switched to another phone having 4GM RAM. This got me headed in the right direction.

2. The stock DJI USB cord is a piece of junk. I purchased an Anker braided USB cord and this help.

3. I learned that I would get even less disconnects when I STOPPED using the "charger" port on the left side of the Controller, instead connecting to the USB port center-bottom of the Controller.

4. I found on the DJI Support website detailed instructions on INSTALL DJI GO ON ANDROID (attachment below). Following these instructions was HUGELY helpful in minimizing disconnect issues!!

5. I found on YouTube this series of 3 videos:
#1: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 1 Flight Mode Basics

#2: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 2 Compass Error

#3: DJI Mavic - Explaining Compass Errors & GPS Issues - Part 3 GPS

These three videos were incredibly helpful to my understanding of the delicate balance between “magnetic north”, those “Global Positioning Satellites” orbiting the earth, the compass, IMU, and navigation technologies on board my Mavic Pro.

Hope this is helpful...
Thank you for your advice and your time to help me. I am currently using my iPhone 8 Plus with my mavic. I would like to move to a new iPad but if the problem continues, I may rethink this. I will definitely look into the Anker USB cord (if they have one for the iPhone/iPad). I have added to YouTube suggestions and will get started on them.

Thank you again for your time and advice.

I use the anker cables for my mavic pro and spark . Between the two drones I have just over 700 flights . I use a mini-4 as my display and to this day have not had one app crash or disconnect . I have taken the spark to the point that trees killed my signal and it did a RTH . The tech in these two birds have been flawless since I upgraded to a good cable . If it was not for crap cables I would not ever of had any trouble other then too many windy days to fly .
If you do have hardware problem use our thunderdrones here on the forum .

Reactions: Former Member
Hi,

I’m a newbie here but I’ve been experiencing the same issue. Has anyone had a charging cable that was incompatible with their iPhoneX? It says device not supported. I don’t get that error when the drone disconnects from the phone but I think the same thing is happening here. I might be wrong on this but I need to find a fix because I had the biggest scare when I flew my friends drone over the ocean and the video went out on me. I had to use the feet away and height to navigate back to the home location. The home button wasn’t working either. I noticed some folks are saying to clean the ends out. The phone was 50% charged so I’m gonna try with a full charged iPhone prior to taking off. I’ve had successful videos from take off to landing so I’m wondering if it’s the cable, app, or a combination of the cable and the phone. Lastly, all software is updated on phone , drone, and Controllers. Thanks and I’m glad to be here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc