DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Falling and Rising While Hovering

cisanta1029

Reactions
So I got my Mavic about two weeks ago, and crashed it pretty badly into a tree last week! I feel awful about it.

Long story short - the 2 front props were shattered, and the camera/gimbal was completely severed from the drone. Thanks to Mavic Pilots and Youtube, I was able to fix it by replacing the data and gimbal cables and dampener board. Luckily, video looks great now.

However, now when I have the drone hover about 15 feet off the ground, I'm noticing that it is slowly dropping altitude to about 3 feet, and sometimes it'll rise past the 15 feet. It is also slightly drifting to the left at times. I'm growing frustrated watching it not stay still. I can't pinpoint what else could be wrong with it. Can anyone help?

sometimes Your Positioning sensor The( bottom sensor) is turned off or has something smeared on it.
also when you repaired your Gimbal in side the body That ribbon cable to your connector thingamgiggy (wifi antenna) may not be seated in it bracket...
because you landed hard enough for Mavic to puke out the gimbal and you had your fingers in side
i would open it up again and recheck all the connectors/ little cables

sometimes Your Positioning sensor The( bottom sensor) is turned off or has something smeared on it.
also when you repaired your Gimbal in side the body That ribbon cable to your connector thingamgiggy (wifi antenna) may not be seated in it bracket...
because you landed hard enough for Mavic to puke out the gimbal and you had your fingers in side
i would open it up again and recheck all the connectors/ little cables

From my memory, the only cables I disconnected were for the gimbal main board and the front position sensors. Most of the damage was done there as I think a branch caught the gimbal and ripped out off.

I was also calibrating the VPS on my computer last night, and all 4 sensors seem to be connected. (Haven't tested it out yet as weather has been bad).

Should I open up the bottom of the drone and see if there are loose connections there?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929