DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Fly More for $289? Drounio Deal - BEWARE

Last year I was looking to buy a used Atv. Every local Craigslist I contacted to see if I could come look at it was a scam. They were all "overseas in the military" or"in a hospital" and the Atv was in storage.

I just bought a new one from a dealer with a warranty.

I purchased this yesterday at lunch time. I used my American Express card. I'm hoping I didn't get scammed! The purchase has cleared my AMC card and after seeing this post I'm wondering if i should call AMC to get my money back? I tried to email Drounio to ask when my item will ship, but they have not emailed me back yet!
Any advice?
You will get your money back from Amex either way if they don;t ship. But you should call Amex now so maybe they can keep these crooks from getting paid.

Hello, i was also a victim of this horrible drone scam. Bought mine thursday, got a text message and email from my bank, saying that they would like to know if id made the purchase. I saw this thread then immediately called my bank and told them to cancel it asap. So they did. Then drounio tried to charge my account again 3x. My bank called me again then told me they'll give me a new card number.

So, Today when i checked drounio's site. Its still active, but they do not sell dji products anymore.

Unbelievable deal, unbelievable that people are falling for it. Even at $600 for the FMC I'd be questioning it.

Reactions: Flawless
You’ll get your order aftet 30 days due to high volume of orders. Would you be able to dispute your purchase with paypa or your cc provider after the “30 day period”?

Yeah, you have 180 days to open a dispute in Paypal, and 60 for most credit cards. 30 days isn’t a worry.

Hello, i was also a victim of this horrible drone scam. Bought mine thursday, got a text message and email from my bank, saying that they would like to know if id made the purchase. I saw this thread then immediately called my bank and told them to cancel it asap. So they did. Then drounio tried to charge my account again 3x. My bank called me again then told me they'll give me a new card number.

So, Today when i checked drounio's site. Its still active, but they do not sell dji products anymore.
Good move. Cost you nothing and lesson learned.

How people are even so gullible for scams is beyond me, this is the reason scammers exist. Try it 500 times and a few fall for it=win for them. If its to good to be true, it is.

ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD FOR ONLINE PURCHASES GUYS, ALWAYS.

We
FYI, I saw this unbelievable deal pop up on my Instagram feed from a company called Drunio where a Mavic Pro Fly More combo can be bought for $289.99. I looked up the domain name and their website was only built on Feb. 05, 2018. This type of thing is usually a sign of a malicious actor taking advantage of something's popularity. Their refund policy also sounds suspicious with statements such as "If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company...". I'm afraid this is one of those instances where if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
0c69a710ec96df4eef140bc1831b36e9.jpg
d59df1cbd7f3827edf8931f48ee7cf3f.jpg

Well spotted, and thanks for the head up ! :)

How people are even so gullible for scams is beyond me, this is the reason scammers exist. Try it 500 times and a few fall for it=win for them. If its to good to be true, it is.

ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD FOR ONLINE PURCHASES GUYS, ALWAYS.

Or PayPal if they offer it at checkout, because PayPal are well known to always side with the buyers in case of problems ;)

still I don't think it's a complete loss.

"Go ahead and give them your card details, so you can never receive anything from them. Then enjoy spending time cancelling payments and then wait for replacement cards, ultimately wasting everyone's time for no real reason."

Do people really fall for stuff like this?

JmNORei.png

Reactions: jdoyle22
I just signed up to say I fell for it today. I'm a web developer and I fell for it. It pooped up in my Instagram feed, in which I have always seen legit ads mostly from Amazon.

Yes, I'm embarassed, but glad I caught it so quick. They had the old "Only 12 left in stock" and a "Your order is good for the next 6 minutes" bit.

Because Chase bank has such a horrible phone system I was not able to talk to a human so I just reported my card stolen, which it technically is. The charge was still pending, and now it doesn't appear at all, so I think I'm good. If I see it I'll dispute it asap.

I fell so stupid. I'm usually the one that makes my friends feel bad for falling for scams.
I just goes to show you that you have to be on guard at all times. Even pros are stupid sometimes.

EDIT: Finally got on the phone with my card issuer. They said the charge, even though it was pending when I reported my card stolen would still post at some point. Once it posts I can dispute it and get refunded no problem

Last edited:
Reactions: drakkor
Unless I saw the deal on Slickdeals, where I have gotten some unbelievable deals (such as a sub-$160 brand new Hero5 from Best Buy), there is absolutely no way I would jump on it. And, even on Slickdeals I make sure to check the website age.

Reactions: Callum and jdoyle22
Seen this a lot in UK.

Some scammers don't even process the payment. They cancel the order so your details can be used at a later date.

There is a lucrative market in data alone.

Scammers sell your payment details, personal details like email name address etc and password if you have signed up to site.

Getting payment refunded is no problem but leaves you vulnerable to spam, identity theft, and other scams.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard