DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO GIMBAL HELP

Bahama mavic

Reactions
SOS

I’m in the Bahamas and the first day my Mavic Pro hit a **** palm leaf and it was enough for this to happen. Please let me know what I need as I am new to this. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
The flexible plastic rectangle screw clamped to the rest of your bird above your gimble in the first photo is a vibration damper. The gimble itself should be suspended from it. You may only need that piece and screws to attach the gimble. If the camera is not producing an image consider the gimble cable may need replacing too... I’d replace it no matter what due to the amount of stress applied in your crash. Be very careful angling the gimble and note that the gimble motors may overload with operation in this state.

Reactions: Bahama mavic
The flexible plastic rectangle screw clamped to the rest of your bird above your gimble in the first photo is a vibration damper. The gimble itself should be suspended from it. You may only need that piece and screws to attach the gimble. If the camera is not producing an image consider the gimble cable may need replacing too... I’d replace it no matter what due to the amount of stress applied in your crash. Be very careful angling the gimble and note that the gimble motors may overload with operation in this state.

Any way I can still fix without any parts? Just got here don’t want to miss out on the crazy footage in the Exumas...

So no more flying for me this trip? Was even considering going down to the ONLY electronic repair store on the island. I know it’s probably a waste of my time just super upset I’m losing all this footage...

Here’s how to get to the gimble vibration damper:
Search YouTube for more if you think you can handle the job. Otherwise get someone with experience to repair. Finally, if you have DJICare that may help.

I have an easy answer for you. Snip the black cable. Take some tape and attach the gimbal so it doesnt move. Fly all you want.

When you get home, to wherever home is, send it to me.

Its time for you to see how good a battlefield drone medic you are.

I wouldn’t take it to just an electronic store. You can see by the last video that it’s likely an involved process. Bummer about it ruining your trip. Would like the post immediately above this one, but I have been requested not to do so... anyway it is likely to be sound advice.

Reactions: Former Member
So create a fixed static gimbal instead of one that stabilizes the X, Y , and Z axis. If one did this would there be any stabilization or only what the rubber dampers offer?

478c43ce6b7b7664c7e120cd450a88e7_w200.webp

So create a fixed static gimbal instead of one that stabilizes the X, Y , and Z axis. If one did this would there be any stabilization or only what the rubber dampers offer?
The the good advice from Thunderdrones was given I believe to allow continued flying without further damaging if anything. You of course realize that if you snip the black gimble cable the result will be no video feed or photos possible and a stationary gimble. But that is better than your current situation even if it doesn’t allow you to accomplish your goals.... and your bird can live to do the things you want at a future time.

I think that Video would still be transmitted and pictures and video would still be able to be taken , but the gimbal would be fixed / static and not able to compensate on all three axis'es
You are correct sir! The reason For snipping the black ribbon table is so that there is no further damage to the gimbal motors or to the core board or to the gimbal printed circuit board. If you leave the ribbon cable connected it will surely overload something in the drone might crash.

The black ribbon cable transmits current and data to the motors and the silver stranded cable transmits and receives information from the core board. You can fly without either of the cables being attached or you can fly with one or the other.

Reactions: Thomas B
You are correct sir! The reason For snipping the black ribbon table is so that there is no further damage to the gimbal motors or to the core board or to the gimbal printed circuit board. If you leave the ribbon cable connected it will surely overload something in the drone might crash.

The black ribbon cable transmits current and data to the motors and the silver stranded cable transmits and receives information from the core board. You can fly without either of the cables being attached or you can fly with one or the other.
Appreciate the explanation. Always learn from your posts.

This might sound funny, but as a last resort, you could go out and buy a dang'd go pro camera, strap it to the top of the drone, and then you will have sound and video. If I was on vacation, I would buy a cheap O go pro camera, and fix the mavic camera into position, and then when I was done on vacation I would sell the GoPro and fix the drone.

This might sound funny, but as a last resort, you could go out and buy a dang'd go pro camera, strap it to the top of the drone, and then you will have sound and video. If I was on vacation, I would buy a cheap O go pro camera, and fix the mavic camera into position, and then when I was done on vacation I would sell the GoPro and fix the drone.

I already own a GoPro! So that’s easy. I’m just curious if I snip that black ribbon if i will still get video....

I already own a GoPro! So that’s easy. I’m just curious if I snip that black ribbon if i will still get video....

Youre all set.

YES! you will still get video. Your ribbon cable looks like its broken anyway, look at it. Even if its not broken, unless you have an anti vibration plate, you wont get it installed again.

Reactions: Bahama mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar