DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO..GIMBAL PROBLEM

Thanks for the tip. But, if I get another Mavic returned and not mine, I will know. I have a photo of all the serial numbers etc.

It wasn't new. It was used. But, appeared to my untrained eye to be in excellent condition. However, having it a few weeks and eventually about to fly, I noticed that after start up, the gimbal did not return to centre! see my pic. I tried the set it up correctly on the controller but, no good. I again noticed on the info screen, a notice saying the gimbal was overloaded? What? there was/is nothing on it! I now realise it is permanently "off centre"! It may be trivial correction needed but, since I'm new I couldn't tell and I wonder if I take it in to DJI or another company they'll tell me it's a major problem and after sucking of teeth and thumbing through the price list, rip me off? Anyone know an honest DJI repair company? That apart, how can I tell how old the Mavic is ?

Again, to any and all thanks in advance for any helpful advice (not rude ones thanks)

Mike N

View attachment 64614they'll tell me its a very serious problem and charge me the earth?

did you have the seller show it to you in flight prior to buying it?

Google “date of manufacture (you drone brand and type)”. The link to a site I can’t remember will be in the search. I did mine just to know when I used DJICare. Incidentally got one that had a newer manufacture date than the one I sent in.

NO, I bought it on line. I'm old fashioned and trust people. Most are honest. However, if I had seen it fly (and it does) I would not have noticed the camera was slightly off centre! Thats life. Having said that, I have seen numerous others have had the same issue. I just thought someone has and fixed it themselves?:(

Thanks for the tip. But, if I get another Mavic returned and not mine, I will know. I have a photo of all the serial numbers etc.

It wasn't new. It was used. But, appeared to my untrained eye to be in excellent condition. However, having it a few weeks and eventually about to fly, I noticed that after start up, the gimbal did not return to centre! see my pic. I tried the set it up correctly on the controller but, no good. I again noticed on the info screen, a notice saying the gimbal was overloaded? What? there was/is nothing on it! I now realise it is permanently "off centre"! It may be trivial correction needed but, since I'm new I couldn't tell and I wonder if I take it in to DJI or another company they'll tell me it's a major problem and after sucking of teeth and thumbing through the price list, rip me off? Anyone know an honest DJI repair company? That apart, how can I tell how old the Mavic is ?

Again, to any and all thanks in advance for any helpful advice (not rude ones thanks)

Mike N

View attachment 64614they'll tell me its a very serious problem and charge me the earth?

I have repaired thousands of them.

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Your gimbal has been damaged, the overload message comes out when ever the gimbal detects pressure or binding. There is a very easily damage belt that runs the gimbal on the MPP and odds are that has either come off, is torn, or has had something else occur. If a full gimbal calibration (run from djigo4) won't fix the issue, then most likely it's time for a repair.

The pressure on the gimbal is why you have the overload message.

The camera/gimbal assembly sits on a flat plate, and as others have mentioned that plate is attached to the drone with a hook dead center (underneath) the plate and on four corners with tiny rubber bands. If any of these are not attached you will also get the overload message. If all those areas are still connected, I would consider the belt, which is very fragile.

If you are in the US, consider a local repair shop. Such a place can buy the necessary parts and effect the repair. I don't think you need the entire assembly. Thunderdrones, (based in the US) is an example. Not sure if you are in US or other location. There are plenty of good positive references to Thunderdrones on this site in regards to repairs.

Sending it off to DJI, is not what I would consider. They will just ship out a refurb, which may have it's own issues.

Or return it to the seller.

Paul C

Reactions: Former Member
Your gimbal has been damaged, the overload message comes out when ever the gimbal detects pressure or binding. There is a very easily damage belt that runs the gimbal on the MPP and odds are that has either come off, is torn, or has had something else occur. If a full gimbal calibration (run from djigo4) won't fix the issue, then most likely it's time for a repair.

The pressure on the gimbal is why you have the overload message.

The camera/gimbal assembly sits on a flat plate, and as others have mentioned that plate is attached to the drone with a hook dead center (underneath) the plate and on four corners with tiny rubber bands. If any of these are not attached you will also get the overload message. If all those areas are still connected, I would consider the belt, which is very fragile.

If you are in the US, consider a local repair shop. Such a place can buy the necessary parts and effect the repair. I don't think you need the entire assembly. Thunderdrones, (based in the US) is an example. Not sure if you are in US or other location. There are plenty of good positive references to Thunderdrones on this site in regards to repairs.

Sending it off to DJI, is not what I would consider. They will just ship out a refurb, which may have it's own issues.

Or return it to the seller.

Paul C

I appreciate that!

If you bought it online through eBay or something, they have buyer protections for these scenarios. That would be considered a defective item and you could use eBay’s return process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe