DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimble Issue

WildDoktor

Reactions
I took my MP1 with me on a motorcycle ride. I had it in the little "fly more" case because all I was gonna need was one battery and the controller. So I put it in the "trunk" box on the back of my bike (an '04 V-Strom 1000) and rode down a forest service road for an hour-ish. I flew it at the destination and it worked...seemed to fly a little wonky for the first minute or so, then was normal, so I figured it was maybe just a compass thing that somehow resolved itself.

Anyway, I rode back home and tried to fly it the next day, but upon startup the gimbal started thrashing around, the camera was slapping up against the body, and when it settled down I couldn't move the gimbal via the controller or the app. I picked up the MP and moved it around, and the gimbal didn't work...i.e., it didn't keep the camera pointed reasonably level; it acted like it was in FPV mode. Then as I was setting the drone down, the camera started banging all around again! Then it stopped.

There are no error messages in the app.

So I did a bunch of research, and found all kinds of info, mostly on this site!

I bought this drone used, and I don't have dji care / refresh on it.

So my question now for all y'all is: what part(s) should I now buy to fix it myself?

I found these 3 on amazon: flat ribbon cable, video cable, and vibration damping board.

Do I need all 3? Or just the ribbon cable?

I forgot to say what all I've tried to fix it already:

Power up the mp1 upside down, and on both sides. Fixes it for a few minutes only.
Hold the gimble while powering up. Same; only fixes it for a few minutes.
Let it sit there running and go thru the slapping/banging sequence several times. Nope...just keeps doing it.

That's about it so far!

It was probably the vibrations shook / jarred the ribbon cable too much, they get pretty weak over time from normal gimbal operation and a minor bump can finish them off.
They are fairly cheap for each items aren't they ?
I would just replace all 3 while 'in there'. (refer Murphys Law)

I had a different issue with my Mavic Pro about a year and a half ago. The camera was showing ghost circles on every shot. I had no desire to dig into my M Pro, so I sent it to DJI. Back came a new (?), replacement aircraft for a very reasonable price. I just had to reregister it.

Thanks all; I'm going to replace the ribbon cable and see if that's the answer.

Update, finally! I replaced the ribbon cable, gimbal is working correctly now. Thanks for the advice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS