DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro got wet

p8ge

Reactions
Hi new to this forum, yesterday I was flying my Mavic Pro drone doing a river run shoot, when through my own mistake got it stuck up a tree above the river! I found it no problem as it was still transmitting video, after a few failed attempts I managed to get it out of the tree, however it landed in the river which resulted in it being wet for about 1 second as I was in the river where it landed and I quickly recovered it, the Mavic had already run out of battery when it hit the water! I've put it in a bag of rice overnight, to see if it will still work? I have noticed battery seems to be goosed though! Any help suggestions? Thanks

There is this Video on Youtube. A guy dropped it in a river for a pretty long time and put it in rice over 2 nights. Afterwards, it seemed to fly perfectly fine. I would just leave it longer in rice and maybe use another battery. Curious about your results. Maybe you could keep us updated.

Salty water is infinitely worse than fresh.
If it was turned off due to low battery that's even better - pretty good chance all will be well but wants to be dry as possible before firing up.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
So got new battery today and started up my Mavic, all seems good and initial test flight went ok! Time will tell but looking good [emoji3]

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Mine went underwater for about 20 minutes, drained it and riced it for a day or two and then fired it up with new batt. Seemed to function fine however I suspect there is camera damage. Were beads of moisture inside the front glass on the camera for a day. Now when I fly, the video seems to wash out anytime I point anywhere close to the sun. Within 90 degrees of it, the picture looks like you are filming in a fog or a very humid day. My guess is contamination of the lens is diffusing the light. Any one else get this? Otherwise the drone works perfectly, impressed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998