DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro - is gimbal pairing required?

W1ngl3t

Reactions
Hi All,

I have ordered a replacement gimbal control board for my mavic pro platinum and I am getting conflicting answers as to whether the the control board has to be paired with the drone's motherboard. Some people claim it won't work until you get it paired by a DJI technician, while others say it's plug an play.
Can those of you who have experience swapping gimbals/gimbal controls boards comment on whether pairing is required?

Many thanks!

Assuming you're handy with tools, you should be able to perform this repair yourself. There are no replacement parts that need to be paired by a DJI technician.

Assuming you're handy with tools, you should be able to perform this repair yourself. There are no replacement parts that need to be paired by a DJI technician.

Thanks @msinger
Why is it that for example on this and this thread they say it can only be done by DJI?
The guy on the first thread goes through 5 boards before he finds one that is compatible with his drone mobo.

my experience is no pairing required. At most gimbal calibration is needed. Everytime you put in a new part, be it gimbal control board, gimbal, camera or the flexes, first time boot it will always go haywire and vibrate like hell. Then if you power off and on again it will be ok.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada