DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Jamming NEST Outdoor Camera

catshepheard

Reactions
I noticed that every time I flew my Mavic Pro past our Nest Outdoor Camera (wireless), the camera would drop off-line and no video would be taken. Interesting, I just found a way to disable the camera. Had me puzzeled to just what's going on. My theory was that the both the Mavic and the camera streams the video on the 2.4GH wireless. Since both are constantly streaming, there must be a serious conflict going that the Mavic must be winning. So to prove this to myself I configured the camera to 5G and now I can see the drone.
I thought the wireless protocol would allow both devices to "share" the band. But maybe, in this case, one "aggressive" is allowed to take control and block any other contenders.
So this looks as if there is a possibility that the Mavic could cause some problems with other wireless devices.

Reactions: Former Member
Hmmm, I have the Nest Doorbell camera, I'll have to try it out!

I have the same problem with my baby monitor camera. The Mavic always wins, and disrupts the signal to the camera.
There is a YouTube video about a guy reviewing the Insta360X camera. Mounted on top of the MP2, it blocked all GPS communication to the Mavic. So it goes ghs other way too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder