DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro No Fly Zone Over ride

Reactions
I am a Fire training officer at a US airport in class C airspace. I have permission from field operations and the control tower to operate my Mavic Pro to photograph and video certain drills on the airfield. What is the procedure to disable the No Fly Zone?

DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

Click on Education / Geo system

........................................................................................................
Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card or mobile phone number. DJI does not collect nor store this information, which is verified by a third party service. Verification is free. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone.

s3-flow-1396293a51b2d707ed17be357be79dca.png
Confirm authorization to flyVerify with phone/credit card numberReady to fly
UNLOCKING ZONES
Unlocking an Authorization Zone requires a DJI user account verified with a credit card, debit card or mobile phone number. DJI does not collect nor store this information, which is verified by a third party service. Verification is free. A verified account is required only if attempting to fly in an Authorization Zone.

When your aerial system approaches, or is already within, an Authorization Zone, you will be prompted with a warning and the opportunity to unlock the Zone.

FLIGHT PLANNER

I have gone to DJI.com but when I put my pin on my zone, and yes the airport is a red zone, It says this zone can not be unlocked. How can I get unlock permission for my unit being I have ATC and airport management permission to fly within their specified restrictions for a particular exercise on a particular date?
DJI GEO System - Up-to-date Information On Where to Fly

Click on Education / Geo system

........................................................................................................

s3-flow-1396293a51b2d707ed17be357be79dca.png
Confirm authorization to flyVerify with phone/credit card numberReady to fly
UNLOCKING ZONES

When your aerial system approaches, or is already within, an Authorization Zone, you will be prompted with a warning and the opportunity to unlock the Zone.

FLIGHT PLANNER[/QUO

You need to email [email protected].
They will ask you for various documents (ID, cellphone number, written confirmation of permissions) and the reason for the flight.
When they check this and docs are OK they send you a modified version of the Go App (or a link) which will have your requested area unlocked for the time frame you specified.

You need to email [email protected].
They will ask you for various documents (ID, cellphone number, written confirmation of permissions) and the reason for the flight.
When they check this and docs are OK they send you a modified version of the Go App (or a link) which will have your requested area unlocked for the time frame you specified.
I have sent them an email detailing the request. I will let you know how it works out.

Reactions: Keule
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb