DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro no more altitude restriction?

GlennM

Reactions
Hey Guys,

I am new here, I registered just to ask this question.
Today I was flying with my Mavic, and I noticed I had no more alt restriction. Its been a couple of months since I used my drone, but up until then I was restricted auto. to 400ft - 130m

Today I kept on climbing to 300m, almost 1000ft.

I wonder how what that possible? I noticed there was an Mavic app update on my phone, that I did not apply, could it be that? If I update I am stuck with restrictions again? Or did DJI remove that alt. restriction?

Sorry if this question is already posted, search function did not help me out.

Regards,

G

The Mavic Pro is able to fly up to 500 meters over top of the home point.

Ok, maybe I am confusing myself here. I am European, I live in the US. There used to be an alt restriction of 400ft above home point, either in the US or EU. It's been a while.

There is a set maximum altitude setting in DJI Go4, Default is 400' but can be changed to around a 1600' from there.

Ok guys, thanks for the info. So restrictions are not "less" since last update :)

Not necessarily a restriction, but a "suggested" 400' limit was last I knew.

Thanks for the help. I was wrong, things are clear now. It was prob. a set restriction by myself. I will sure check this forum out more often!

With my P3A, I mistakenly confused meters with feet. Go warned me that 400m would exceed FAA regulations. Then I realized my mistake and set it to 120m. It would be less confusing if the entire app changed to feet.

The most confusing to me, was building projects that the measurements were like 25.62 inches X 11.127 inches.
its common in manufacturing and Machining I am told, Fraction inches I think its called? Hard to do with a common mans yardstick or tape measure!

The most confusing to me, was building projects that the measurements were like 25.62 inches X 11.127 inches.
its common in manufacturing and Machining I am told, Fraction inches I think its called? Hard to do with a common mans yardstick or tape measure!
I remember rigging F111 wings where about a dozen stops all had to come on within .003" in order of outboard to inboard when the flaps came up.
Tape measure didn't work here either :)

another annoyance in aviation is working on U.S. aircraft with pommie engines. Then you need to be working with both metric and imperial depending on what bit of the bird you are working on

As stated above, not true. It's only guidance from the FAA if you are a hobbyist. As a Part 107 Pilot, it's another story.

yes the FAA restricts us to 400 ft

Last time I checked, no country on the metric system has ever stepped foot on the moon. Just sayin’............

You do know that your nation wouldn't have got there at all if you didn't have a German guy helping you, just saying :)

You do know that your nation wouldn't have got there at all if you didn't have a German guy helping you, just saying :)

Yes V2’ are the foundation of U.S. rocket design... and Einstein was not born in the states.

BAM!

Yes V2’ are the foundation of U.S. rocket design... and Einstein was not born in the states.

BAM!
The V2 was Von Braun, not Einstein, and it was based on the foundations layed out by Goddard. Who just happens to be an American ......(cue shock & awe)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661