DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum - Battery Question

UPTGrad

Reactions
I have a few Mavic Pro Platinum batteries that haven't been flown for 2 months now. (Lost drone, but now found). Most of them have 2-3 buttons of power left.

I am a little surprised. I thought the batteries should be drained in 1-10 days, depending on the settings.

My general question then is: Should the batteries be drained in at least 10 days if not used?

I look forward to flying again soon.
Thanks you.

By default, the batteries will start auto discharging down to the storage level (~65% charged) after 10 days. It takes an additional 2-3 days to discharge them down to the storage level.

While not in use, you should keep them charged up somewhere in between this level:

BatteryLevel.png

If you let the batteries sit for a long period of time, they could drop to dangerously low levels and/or swell up. If your batteries swell up, you should dispose of them immediately.

Ok. Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I've read a few posts where this subject is a little confusing.
After 2 months, it does look like my LED's 2 & 3 light up, showing 25%-62%.
So, from your description, it looks like my batteries did ok.
I thought the setting for 10 days was to drain them to 0 starting after 10 days.
I guess not. That's why I was surprised to see they had power left.
I'll give them a little juice tonight, and look forward to flying again soon.
- Thanks.

I thought the setting for 10 days was to drain them to 0 starting after 10 days.
Fortunately for us, it doesn't work like that. Draining the battery to 0 would be deadly for the batteries. They are healthiest when stored in the above range as much as possible.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky