DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Coreboard A bricked

smnzhu

Reactions
A few weeks ago, I bricked the coreboard A in my Mavic Pro Platinum while trying to flash firmware 1.03.0700 using DUMLdore. When the "bricked" coreboard is installed, the mavic can turn on but won't connect to the computer or remote, and the LED's are red. At the time, I didn't know that flashing the unmodified 1.03.0700 firmware wouldn't work because the ESC of the Platinum is different, and only found out after seeing this thread. I've replaced the coreboard A with a new one now and everything is back to normal, but I'm just wondering if it is possible to "unbrick" the coreboard A that I switched out? Or should I just toss it out? I am a complete newbie to this and I asked a few of the guys in my area who are a bit more experienced and none of them knew if it was possible. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Are you sure it is bricked? Wouldn’t have thought it would brick it unless you didn’t flash it correctly Core Boards are both the same it’s the ESC boards that are different, also does it have an MicroSD card installed that my have been the problem if getting errors.

So cant talk to the board @ all? Unusual as I’m sure I put my Platinum on 1.03.0700 before going to 1.04.0300. Maybe it was already going to fail?

@Maniac_au I doubt that because not only was it a new board, but I've also had the exact same problem previously and only after the most recent time did I actually figure out the reason (or at least the reason why it always failed to flash to 1.03.0700). When the "bricked" coreboard is installed, the mavic can turn on but won't connect to the computer or remote, and the LED's are red. So i guess what I'm asking is if there is another way to connect to the board to force flash the firmware? Otherwise how does DJI get the firmware onto a new core board A in the first place?

Have you tried what is suggested in this thread?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji