DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAvic Pro RC Charging.

charliej

Reactions
Is it normal for the RC to take several hours to charge from 10% to 100%? And is it right that at 100% it will not last for me to fly all three batteries?
Surely not.

Right forum just wrong section and will move it for you. Thumbswayup

Reactions: charliej
My Control takes maybe 2* hours to charge. I don’t have an exact number but it takes awhile. And I think I can get 3-4 flights in before I have to charge it again

As the controller usually flies up to 4 full batteries, I rarely have to charge from very low.
I feel 2 hrs would be about right for the controller lipo capacity, as compared to charging a larger MP battery for example.
The output of the larger battery charger would be a lot higher output than the simple micro USB that can be used for the controller battery.
Have a read if the 2 charger outputs and it could almost be worked out by simple mathematics.

Hi there,
What are you using as your mobile/tablet?
My Mavic Pro RC will only fly 3 1/2 batteries before running out of juice. I'm using it with a Motorolla G7 Android phone. I asked DJI if this was normal and they replied saying all Android devices draw power from the controller as Androids require current through the connection while transferring data. The amount varies from phone to phone. Apple devices don't draw from the RC and the compatible list of Androids draw very little (apparently). The Moto G7 has a fast charge function too that I suspect really sucks the power from the controller.
Not sure exactly about charging time for the remote but wouldn't be more than about an hour and a bit. I'll time it next time;

Hi there,
What are you using as your mobile/tablet?
My Mavic Pro RC will only fly 3 1/2 batteries before running out of juice. I'm using it with a Motorolla G7 Android phone. I asked DJI if this was normal and they replied saying all Android devices draw power from the controller as Androids require current through the connection while transferring data. The amount varies from phone to phone. Apple devices don't draw from the RC and the compatible list of Androids draw very little (apparently). The Moto G7 has a fast charge function too that I suspect really sucks the power from the controller.
Not sure exactly about charging time for the remote but wouldn't be more than about an hour and a bit. I'll time it next time;
That makes total sense. I've always noticed that the charging symbol comes on whenever I connect my Samsung S9+ to the RC. I am hoping to get a Huawei M3 and will be interested to see how this affects the RC battery time.

I don't think the RC supplies the mobile with any more than the USB standard requirements of 500mA. I thought the reason the RC did that for Android was because some Androids (but probably not all or even most) want to see power to activate data. DJI confirmed my thoughts on that.

Still, DJI could have provided that option, with a note/warning that it might prevent the Android from connecting.
That or in the iOS version of the app, it's the phone that's told to not draw power, where Android OS might not officially have that option.

I don't think the RC supplies the mobile with any more than the USB standard requirements of 500mA. I thought the reason the RC did that for Android was because some Androids (but probably not all or even most) want to see power to activate data. DJI confirmed my thoughts on that.

Still, DJI could have provided that option, with a note/warning that it might prevent the Android from connecting.
That or in the iOS version of the app, it's the phone that's told to not draw power, where Android OS might not officially have that option.
I'll try the other USB settings and see if it makes any difference/still works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas