DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro remote controller not holding charge and now only shows it charging for first 20 seconds after plug in usb then screen goes dark

Wapsiike

Reactions
Mavic Pro remote controller not holding charge and now only shows it charging for first 20 seconds after plug in usb then screen goes dark and it stops charging. It's now at 79% and it wont charge anymore then that but it then slowly drains charge while it's off. After I checked it the next day it was down to 71%! What's going on? How do I fix?

Did you make sure the cable plug was always oriented correctly when plugged in? I placed a white dot on mine to show correct orientation. All it takes is a couple of 'upside down' plug in to possibly destroy the plug in receptacle on the controller. Once that's ruined you may have to send it in to DJI for repair.

Today used remote for 30 plus minutes and put it on charger it charged fine to 100% but after about an hour of being disconnected from charger it's at 81% but is acting fully charged. I don't know I'm confused. O well as long as it keeps working.

I had to replace my usb charging port on my mavic controller just recently..
It’s quite easy fix.
Dji did not use a usb charging port that requires soldering, instead u buy the board for the controller and the USB port is already mounted to new board. No solder and watch a 17 min. Video On you-tube on how to replace it..
No problem to fix if u have even a little knowledge.. Just remove about 4 screws from outside, pop off plastic, and a few screws holding board in place and that’s it..
Part was on amazon for less than $10..

Last edited:
Reactions: ajaxflysquare
It’s quite easy fix.
Dji did not use a usb charging port that requires soldering, instead u buy the board for the controller and watch a 17 min. Video on how to replace it..
No problem to fix if u have even a little knowledge..
Oh wow. That's really good to hear. I'll keep that in mind.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
It’s quite easy fix.
Dji did not use a usb charging port that requires soldering, instead u buy the board for the controller and the USB port is already mounted to new board. No solder and watch a 17 min. Video On you-tube on how to replace it..
No problem to fix if u have even a little knowledge.. Just remove about 4 screws from outside, pop off plastic, and a few screws holding board in place and that’s it..
Or... (ignore the bracket).

Attachments

• Pro OTG .jpg
    Pro OTG .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members