DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Remote w/ Iphone & Otter Box Solution

Shlick88

Reactions
I've only had my Mavic Pro for a couple of weeks, but I was already getting tired of having to remove my iPhone from it's case each time I wanted to fly. I hardly ever take my phone out of the case since that's when I seem to drop it and cause unnecessary damage. I did some looking around at easy fixes and this is what I came up with.

For $10 on Amazon, I bought a micro USB to lightning adapter. Then, I swapped out the USB connector that's compatible with the iPhone on the remote for the connector that utilizes a micro USB connection. The adapter is small enough that it can plug into my phone while still in it's case and plug right into the remote. The only downside is you can't leave the adapter connected to your remote and still fold it up. Other then that, it's been a simple fix that allows me to enjoy flying while still having my phone in it's protective case. Thought I'd share for those that might be looking for a similar solution! Happy Flying!

Pictures should be attached.

Amazon Link: Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Micro USB to Lightning Adapter (Apple Certified): Cell Phones & Accessories

Attachments

• Remote 1.JPG
    Remote 1.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Remote 2.JPG
    Remote 2.JPG
    742.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Remote 3.JPG
    Remote 3.JPG
    950.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Remote 4.jpg
    Remote 4.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 100
I've only had my Mavic Pro for a couple of weeks, but I was already getting tired of having to remove my iPhone from it's case each time I wanted to fly. I hardly ever take my phone out of the case since that's when I seem to drop it and cause unnecessary damage. I did some looking around at easy fixes and this is what I came up with.

For $10 on Amazon, I bought a micro USB to lightning adapter. Then, I swapped out the USB connector that's compatible with the iPhone on the remote for the connector that utilizes a micro USB connection. The adapter is small enough that it can plug into my phone while still in it's case and plug right into the remote. The only downside is you can't leave the adapter connected to your remote and still fold it up. Other then that, it's been a simple fix that allows me to enjoy flying while still having my phone in it's protective case. Thought I'd share for those that might be looking for a similar solution! Happy Flying!

Amazon Link: Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Micro USB to Lightning Adapter (Apple Certified): Cell Phones & Accessories
Nice work Shlick88,
Regards,
-d.

My question is will the phone with the otter box somehow fit into the controller? Or will I still need to remove the case?

It depends on the thickness of your Otterbox case. If it's thin, you might be able to fit it in the remote controller arms if you remove the inserts from the arms. Or you could just wedge the phone between the arms like this:

03.jpg

My s5 worked with the inserts removed and otter box defender. But then I switched to the polar pro remote mount and have never looked back. Love it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke