DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro signal loss and auto camera problems

BikerGeek

Reactions
Wasn't sure how to title this. I've had some odd things going on with my Mavic. First off, I get either crappy sporadic video signal no matter what devices I use. If I use my Samsung Galaxy S7 with the small cable the picture will fade in and out and is useless and frequently reports signal loss. The same thing happens with my Tab A only there's video but with purple lines all across the screen. I'm using the stock cables, the latest DJI Go and firmware. This was occurring before I updated the app and firmware though. Nothing has really changed and this just recently started occurring. I was getting loss of signal when I was standing directly in front of it with it hovering in front of me.

The other issue I'm having is that when the camera is set to auto, no matter if it's bright sunshine or cloudy it will always be extremely dark making the video feed totally useless. If I set it to manual I'm able to correct it but it shouldn't be that bad on auto. This occurs with both 1080p and 4k. I am using no filters, only a polarizer lens but removing doesn't help either.

On the other side of the coin, I used my DJI Goggles for the first time today and the picture was flawless. No loss of signal at all. I did still need to have the camera on manual for me to be able to see anything though.

I'm thinking of the manual setting of the camera works it must have something to do with the firmware.

First off, I get either crappy sporadic video signal no matter what devices I use. If I use my Samsung Galaxy S7 with the small cable the picture will fade in and out and is useless and frequently reports signal loss. The same thing happens with my Tab A only there's video but with purple lines all across the screen. I'm using the stock cables, the latest DJI Go and firmware. This was occurring before I updated the app and firmware though. Nothing has really changed and this just recently started occurring. I was getting loss of signal when I was standing directly in front of it with it hovering in front of me.

Are you using the S7 with a protective shell? It happens also to me and I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the physical connection.

The other issue I'm having is that when the camera is set to auto, no matter if it's bright sunshine or cloudy it will always be extremely dark making the video feed totally useless. If I set it to manual I'm able to correct it but it shouldn't be that bad on auto. This occurs with both 1080p and 4k. I am using no filters, only a polarizer lens but removing doesn't help either.

Just move the right dial clockwise and you will be increasing the exposure. Manual or auto, that's still affected by that dial. You might be at -2 or something. It happened to me once, I was at +1.5 after a night shooting and the morning after I had overexposure all the way. o_O

I think I tried that but I'll check again. I remove the protective case from the S7 before I use it. If it were occurring with only 1 device and cable connector I'd focus on that. But it happens no matter what USB plug I use, the large USB on the bottom with my Tab and the small one with my phone.

Just try with the same device and plugging into the bottom port rather than the side port (but unplug the latter otherwise it won't work) with a standard cable.
This way also you won't be dragging the remote battery by charging the S7.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada