DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro simply fell out of the sky while flying

Is everyone's experience with DJI Support so ****?

I've emailed them twice, chatted twice, called, tweeted, DM'd in twitter... And all I get is "we will send your .dat file in 24-48hrs"... I've been told that twice (edit: now three times, today). They keep telling me that I can check the records myself on my phone which I know I cannot, I uploaded my txt file and showed them the link which shows that the details DJI gave me in my estimate do not match up with the details from the app on my phone.

What more can I do?

So I've been emailing with someone called Marquez and I have to admit - their customer service is BS.

Four times now my request for my .DAT file has been ignored. They offered 15% off my invoice as a courtesy but still didn't tell me what critical error enabled mid-air CSC. Then Marquez replies today saying that the analysis showed no abnormal behavior or manufacturing defect. They are still trying to pin a mid-air CSC on me - even though my app setting is "In Emergency Only' and their log shows no critical error or emergency. I likened that situation to my CPU's thermal throttle being set to 40c, yet it melts down despite the thermal throttle. It's a protective feature that obviously didn't work.

I'm getting nowhere but I'll see what they say to this email...

I suggest State Farm Insurance. For $60 a year your covered regardless of fault. Even covers your Mavic if stolen.
Under what policy, your homeowners? But only if you fly a recreational not commercial as explained by my State Farm Rep, and you have to take into effect you deductible. You may have to add it to your personal property policy for loss of the drone.

Under what policy, your homeowners? But only if you fly a recreational not commercial as explained by my State Farm Rep, and you have to take into effect you deductible. You may have to add it to your personal property policy for loss of the drone.

It's a separate policy - it's called a personal articles policy Personal Articles Policy – State Farm™

Ok thanks. I too have one and was quoted $28 to add the Mavic for a value of $1k for 1yr.

Note: that's for damage to the drone or stolen but, does not cover liability to others.

Hi I'm new here and also to Mavic pro drones

I have had it for a week now and it has come down hard. I was flying around for about 15min no worries and started a point of interest shot and decided to RTH. It was all good battery at 40%, it came back started its decent and than all of a sudden it just cut out and fell out of the sky. Its pretty dead it think :( Flight file below.
Thanks Ron

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-11_[16-34-12].txt
    2 MB · Views: 7
@QLDMAVIC, it'll be easier to review your flight log if you start a new thread. There's no sense in trying to troubleshoot it in various unrelated threads.

Hi I'm new here and also to Mavic pro drones

I have had it for a week now and it has come down hard. I was flying around for about 15min no worries and started a point of interest shot and decided to RTH. It was all good battery at 40%, it came back started its decent and than all of a sudden it just cut out and fell out of the sky. Its pretty dead it think :( Flight file below.
Thanks Ron

Any pictures? Was the battery still attached to the drone? Any feathers in the grill? Were the props all still attached?

Any pictures? Was the battery still attached to the drone? Any feathers in the grill? Were the props all still attached?
Hi it hit the rocks that hard the battery flew out on impact, it hit the ground only 2mts away if I was quicker I might have caught it. No feathers. All props were still on.
Thx

@QLDMAVIC, it'll be easier to review your flight log if you start a new thread. There's no sense in trying to troubleshoot it in various unrelated threads.
Hi msinger
You’ll have to forgive me I have never been on forums before so I don’t know what I’m doing. I made a new conversation and put your name in there, is that what I’m meant to do?

Reactions: Iarunr
You’ll have to forgive me I have never been on forums before so I don’t know what I’m doing. I made a new conversation and put your name in there, is that what I’m meant to do?
When you send a message in a conversation, nobody else in the forum can see it. If you're looking for more than one opinion, it would be best to post a message in one of the public forums.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661