DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Slowly Rises instead of Hovers

swright

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots,

Today I flew my Mavic Pro for the third time, and it was quite enjoyable. However, when I was flying the drone back to the home point, and pulling the left joystick down (to lower the aircraft), I noticed that every time I let go of the joystick, the Mavic would slowly rise and keep doing so until I permanently held the stick in the "down" position.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I live in Florida where it is flat, the wind speed was wsw 3mph, and I flew it around 6:30pm (about 30 minutes after sunset).

when I was flying the drone back to the home point, and pulling the left joystick down (to lower the aircraft), I noticed that every time I let go of the joystick, the Mavic would slowly rise and keep doing so until I permanently held the stick in the "down" position.
This normally happens when the downward sensors incorrectly detect the ground is near. Here are some of the usual causes of that false detection:
  • Something is dangling beneath the Mavic (e.g. a GPS tracker antenna)
  • A 3rd party accessory is installed beneath the Mavic (e.g. extended landing gear)
  • The sensors needs to be calibrated like this
  • The sensors are dirty and need to be cleaned
  • The sensors are damaged and need to be replaced (not a common problem)
This issue can be resolved mid-flight by disabling the Landing Protection setting. You'll find that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku