DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Super Battery. Does it Exist ?

These batteries are real and I owned one. It upset the balance of M1P a bit because of the added weight (4-500gm) and you will get max rev warning when ascending too rapidly. I prefer some modded batteries using the same casing, with the cells swapped to some newer ones, each cell did give 200 mah more power and the flight time will be extended to 30-32mins and the added weight to the package is minimal.

These batteries are real and I owned one. It upset the balance of M1P a bit because of the added weight (4-500gm) and you will get max rev warning when ascending too rapidly. I prefer some modded batteries using the same casing, with the cells swapped to some newer ones, each cell did give 200 mah more power and the flight time will be extended to 30-32mins and the added weight to the package is minimal.

Sir, you have just described the Holy Grail of Mavic Pro battery mods. Could you please be so kind as to post a link where I can buy those modified batteries installed in the stock housing? That is precisely what I hope to buy for my Mavic, and 30 minutes flight time is exactly the flight time I seek, with little or no added battery weight.

Standing by for that magic link, if you can find it to post here

I wish if I can help but they are just individual modders selling on P2P platform in China. There is always risk with buying from modders. My 4500 mah batteries were great. After 20 flights DJI Go still gave a readout of 32 mins. On the contrary, the 7800 mah ones, were broken on arrival. The 3D printed cases were badly made and were cracked. They still worked, did last more than 40mins but I wasn't confident flying them in long autonomous missions.

I wish if I can help but they are just individual modders selling on P2P platform in China. There is always risk with buying from modders. My 4500 mah batteries were great. After 20 flights DJI Go still gave a readout of 32 mins. On the contrary, the 7800 mah ones, were broken on arrival. The 3D printed cases were badly made and were cracked. They still worked, did last more than 40mins but I wasn't confident flying them in long autonomous missions.
This reply is appreciated, sir. Now I can only hope that any of those modelers whose products are proving to be reliable with users, decide to sell them on the international market because quite a few Mavic Pro owners would be glad to have 32 minutes of flight time made possible, especially since the external size of the modified battery is so close to the original stock battery pack.

Given a choice, I would definitely prefer the smaller 4,500mAh designs over those larger and heavier 7,800 mAh creations, and this is why I decided not to look into the huge batteries being sold on a Facebook page by Vicent Ng. Hopefully, it is just a matter of time before these products are ready for prime time.

I,ve found out these aircraft are designed and equiped pretty much to the max adding mods to them comes with dissappoinment and costly knowledge . if you would like to purchase some of these follies I can give you a cut rate price! for a mavic pro and a Inspire 1v.2 adapters and some insight on it. Your not gonna get much more out of an already smooth running drone if you don,t think DJI could have pulled off more range and a 45 min flight with the pro for an extra buck you would be mistaken there in it for the buck, thats my opinion . but after several flights with extra batteries , you end up with less flight time becuase the drone is working it,s little *** off to carry the weight and how much will these little motors take so in the end who is getting it right were the sun dont shine , cheaper to buy the drone that you trying to make yours copy Promise i tryed aND MY OBSESSION WITH THESE MATTERS you can count on me to figure it out to late and several dollars asny body need LIHV 300mah 3s 50 c batteries or 1300mah lihv 60 t0 120 c high ouput batterie holders extra xt60 plugs you name it i got it and don,t wish to burst you bubble I,ll be happe to pass it on for you to try sincerly knothead

Has anyone encountered this mythical beast in the real world?

Or is it a mirage, and merely a Loch Ness, Bigfoot apparition?

I have spent the past couple of hours scouring the desolate outer reaches of the internet in search of this elusive monster battery, but come up empty.

Does this oversized battery for a Mavic Pro actually exist, or is this picture simply a mockup of a concept in development?

If anyone has ever seen one of these on sale, I would be grateful for directions as to where I can snag one.

View attachment 129876
What I have read in this forum was about a custom-made version of one of these. What the drone world needs is lighter weight batteries, not twice as heavy. I hope there is hope in this technology: Developer Of Aluminum-Ion Battery Claims It Charges 60 Times Faster Than Lithium-Ion, Offering EV Range Breakthrough

Kurt, I thank you for this link. The reported development of a safer, lighter, more powerful, and easier recycled battery technology will revolutionize vehicle propulsion systems overnight when it is unveiled for mass production. The era of full-scale, manned aircraft that take to the skies in near-total silence may well be within reach, in our lifetimes.

What a time to be alive! Going off on a slight tangent, I can't wait for the Pentagon to declassify and make public some more detail about the mysterious drones that have been making headlines recently, of which the 2004 USS Nimitz incident stands out as the most bizarre. Perhaps the Ruskies have been using aluminium-Ion batteries to power fleets of pyramid-shaped surveillance drones for years,

Reading about the specs of these innovative aluminum-ion batteries, a charge time of one-60th the time taken to charge comparably sized lithium-ion batteries, is a mind-blowing technological leap, to put it mildly. Imagine taking not one hour, but one MINUTE to recharge your drone batteries. That kind of performance belonged in the realm of science fiction until very recently.

Last edited:
eBay item number 274817541884
eBay item number 274762930508

Regards.
I simply cannot believe my own eyes, yet, there they are on sale via eBay. The 150 ero, 4,400mAh Mavic Pro battery upgrade offers 35 minutes of flight time while appearing similar in physical size to the stock battery that is rated for 3,830 mAh. The super battery tips the scales at a trim 260 grams, or just 20 grams heavier than the stock battery's 240 grams. These Mavic batteries on steroids are absolutely perfect for my needs.

3Greens with that single link you posted, a whole world of possibilities just opened up for my Mavic Pro, and I thank you kindly. I owe you a beer or two, sir.

Last edited:
At your own risk of course, for me, standing for 20 odd mins and I’m about done without a short break. The Mavic Dual requires a longer break and a 7600mah battery will require flying from an armchair - with a beer…..or two…… now there’s an idea.

I found this one using the first ebay item #

Mavic Pro/Platinum Extra Large Capacity Battery | eBay

4400 mah vs 3830, they just manage to cram in another cell ?
30-35 mins would be nice for an extra 20gm.

I can't see one that is 7600 mah, is that the double size, and do you have a direct link ?
From what I learned from the modder he used the same number of cell but the cell did improve so each one of them got about 150mAh more capacity.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+