DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro tips??

Welcome to the forum! :)

You can find lots of tips at MavicHelp.com.

Reactions: Scullninio
Hi, I'm new here, I've just upgardad my spark to a mavic pro. Has anybody got any good flying tips? Thanks in advance.

Ok I'll bite. Here a short list.

Always:

Always use Pmode unless battling a head wind coming back.
Always use a preflight checklist.
Always have enough battery to get home.
Always discharge your batteries if you arent going to fly.
Always bring extra props.
Always bring an extra battery.

Never

Never fly towards a person.
Never fly over traffic.
Never fly outside of VLOS.
Never fly in winds above 20mph, (my max is 10)
Never fly in temps above 110°
Never let anyone else fly your drone.
Never try to answer a call when you are flying.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy.

Even though they are both DJI products, the MP is a more complex device... Biggest tip I can offer is to download, read, and understand the online full DJI manuals for your drone as well as batteries and for every device you will use with the drone.... best done before you are in a jam.
Remember also that the “pause” button is your friend and will buy you time to think about what to do next.

Just any tips in general, I've only had it out twice and one time it was very wind so brought it back down, camera tips would be good.

Reactions: mereflyer
The mavic pro is an amazing Tech marvel
at first it will lull you into a sense of being a better Operator then you really are.!

Congrats you just upgraded from a Toyota tercel to a Z28 Camaro/5.0 Mustang
(please don't hop the curb and head for a crowd)

You have a button that is "Sports" mode use this Sparingly (Buildging battery/ disconnect may accur.

Be very pantient while hooking up to GPS mode ( at least 6 Satilites needed)
Don't be to Disapointed with your Picture/ video quality
it can be remadied with a good Filter/ Good post editing software
and I used to say
"Never fly with less then %20 Battery.!
............................................after 23 month I will tell you never Fly with %30 Battery
Good luck Fly safe
.....cR

The mavic pro is an amazing Tech marvel
at first it will lull you into a sense of being a better Operator then you really are.!

Congrats you just upgraded from a Toyota tercel to a Z28 Camaro/5.0 Mustang
(please don't hop the curb and head for a crowd)

You have a button that is "Sports" mode use this Sparingly (Buildging battery/ disconnect may accur.

Be very pantient while hooking up to GPS mode ( at least 6 Satilites needed)
Don't be to Disapointed with your Picture/ video quality
it can be remadied with a good Filter/ Good post editing software
and I used to say
"Never fly with less then %20 Battery.!
............................................after 23 month I will tell you never Fly with %30 Battery
Good luck Fly safe
.....cR

Vette baby!

Just any tips in general, I've only had it out twice and one time it was very wind so brought it back down, camera tips would be good.

I was lucky and got onto this forum, learn so much just reading the MP section !!
Also, found so many Youtube tutorials of flying and filming, they are the best way to start in my humble opinion.
Any questions left can fine tune with inquiries here on the forum.

Get to know your Mavic Pro by downloading and reading the manual [ DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI ] - then use the questions that come out of reading the manual, to find further info on YouTube about the issues you have questioned. Break your study into 4 areas:
1) Get familiar with the way that Go4 and your Mavic work together
2) Set yourself up with a pre-flight checklist of all relevent settings
4) Get loads of training flights in - starting in Tripod mode so you can keep everything under control
5) Then start playing with your camera settings.

YouTube is your friend here ... There are a lot of 'fly-way' and lost drone reports on the forum, and in the vast majority of cases, it appears to be due to a lack of familiarity with a basic Mavic feature. It's a complex piece of flying electronics ... Treat it as such and you'll have hours of fun. Fly safe ...

Camera tips:

Always shoot in manual and raw. Try to keep ISO as low as possible to keep noise out of your photos. ND filters if your doing any videos to keep your shutter speed double your frame rate. Get yourself a good photo editor and get to know it, your ur image will be a lot better compared to the JPEG ones you're used to from the Spark.

Any recommendations on photo editors?
Everybody seems to go crazy about Da Vinci - but I use Filmora ... Depends on how deep you want to go into the Cine' thing ...

Hi, I'm new here, I've just upgardad my spark to a mavic pro. Has anybody got any good flying tips? Thanks in advance.

Welcome! I’m new to the Mavic Pro, but here’s my two cents worth. Buy a couple of $20-30 drones and learn to fly with them before pushing any limits on your MP. I fly my MP but I fly my toy drones more. Happy Flying??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato