DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Uncontrolled Movement

PhotoBenLondon

Reactions
Hey Guys,

I've had my my mavic pro since it's release and have never had any issues after using it regularly.

Today whilst using it on an assignment for a client the craft uncontrollably "flicked" twice in a short period of time.

I've uploaded a low resolution clip to my dropbox which can be viewed on the following link if you fast forward to 23 seconds and then 29 seconds you will see what I mean.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0z9oii57uyfeva/DJI_0014.mp4?dl=0
Dropbox - DJI_0014.mp4

I then hovered at low height to see if the problem persisted and it seemed fine but still didn't want to risk damage to the drone or property by continuing to fly.

I took the drone down to see if there was anything obviously physically wrong with it and recalibrate the IMU and compass however have not flown it since.

I've been using DJI drones for quite some time now and have not seen anything like this before so was wondering if anyone had any clues what could have caused it?

Hey Guys,

I've had my my mavic pro since it's release and have never had any issues after using it regularly.

Today whilst using it on an assignment for a client the craft uncontrollably "flicked" twice in a short period of time.

I've uploaded a low resolution clip to my dropbox which can be viewed on the following link if you fast forward to 23 seconds and then 29 seconds you will see what I mean.
Dropbox - DJI_0014.mp4

I then hovered at low height to see if the problem persisted and it seemed fine but still didn't want to risk damage to the drone or property by continuing to fly.

I took the drone down to see if there was anything obviously physically wrong with it and recalibrate the IMU and compass however have not flown it since.

I've been using DJI drones for quite some time now and have not seen anything like this before so was wondering if anyone had any clues what could have caused it?
The drone caused the anomaly or the gimbal? That is a very large twitch for the drone.

Thanks bob Kelly pretty certain it wasn't a bird strike the craft was within eyesite at the time and didn't see anything

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661