DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro, USB to type c wont work, Micro USB to type C does. Need help

RonVon

Reactions
Hello, I’m new to DJI and drones and this is my first post.
I recently acquired a Mavic Pro, I have checked all software is up to date, at least as far as it is being supported and it is.. I’ve done a few flights connecting to my IPhone 11 with both Micro USB and USB-A to lightning connector, no problems. Then I wanted to try things with my IPad Pro 11 but when I went to connect it via the USB A (The one on the bottom of the controller) to type c, on my iPad it wont work. Tried Micro USB (the small port on the left side of the controller) to type C and it does. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the USB A to Type C to work? Hopefully I’ve got all my connection type labeled correctly.. Thank you
RonVon
Halfmoon NY

And your USB A to USB C is a full data cable ... & not only one for just charging?

What @slup said. FYI, if you happen to be looking for cables, my recommendation is to buy Anker brand. There are many size options available on Amazon.

And your USB A to USB C is a full data cable ... & not only one for just charging?
As far as I know it is a full data cable. I’ve never really shopped for any specific type of cable other than what type of ends it had. Now you’ve got me thinking so I’ll have to go back as see if I can find the specs. Thanks

Hopefully you have disconnected micro usb cable from controller... I also had this issue with USB cable of Mavic 2 Pro but as soon as i disconnected micro usb cable it showed connected. If already disconnected then issue is somewhere else.

Reactions: @Rip
Hello, I’m new to DJI and drones and this is my first post.
I recently acquired a Mavic Pro, I have checked all software is up to date, at least as far as it is being supported and it is.. I’ve done a few flights connecting to my IPhone 11 with both Micro USB and USB-A to lightning connector, no problems. Then I wanted to try things with my IPad Pro 11 but when I went to connect it via the USB A (The one on the bottom of the controller) to type c, on my iPad it wont work. Tried Micro USB (the small port on the left side of the controller) to type C and it does. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the USB A to Type C to work? Hopefully I’ve got all my connection type labeled correctly.. Thank you
RonVon
Halfmoon NY
As the previous commenter mentioned, did you disconnect the side connector (Micro USB-A) [see footnote 1] from the controller? On my M2P the bottom connector will not work if the side connector is connected, even if the terminal end is not plugged into anything, and I think this was noted as an issue before here.

[Footnote 1] as great as DJI products are, their use of Micro-A is a big design flaw and a big failure point (that has cost people a lot of money, based on commenters here) since 99.9 percent of products are Micro-B, and because it’s hard to distinguish, and easy to insert the wrong way and break the connection slot. The aircraft use USB-C so no reason to use a different, confusing, and otherwise almost non-existent Micro USB-A connector (I’ve found, maybe, 5 other products on the market that use this and all are super cheap and outdated electronics) on really expensive hardware in 2018 (and continuing to present).

Thanks for the help all. It turned out that I did indeed need a data cable. I have successfully connected using both the micro as well as USB-A. Using an iPad Pro 11” is great!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan