DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro VS Mavic Pro PLATINUM

Yea but the motors make almost no noise have you ever run them without props? 99.99999% of the noise comes from the props. Despite what the marketing material would like us to believe.
Not sure what your point is @brett8883 ... All I can say is that you are 100% correct ... However, flying the Mavic Pro - standard or Platinum - without prop's, isn't going to get you very far!
The DJI Marketing material does actually attribute the lower noise to the 8331 prop's used on the MPP. The different motor control waveform makes the use of power from the battery a bit more efficient ...
8331 prop's = quieter flight
Sinusoidal motor control = longer flight

Reactions: brett8883
Not sure what your point is @brett8883 ... All I can say is that you are 100% correct ... However, flying the Mavic Pro - standard or Platinum - without prop's, isn't going to get you very far!
The DJI Marketing material does actually attribute the lower noise to the 8331 prop's used on the MPP. The different motor control waveform makes the use of power from the battery a bit more efficient ...

And MAS/8331 props lower rpms improving flight time, battery drain

Yea that’s what I’m saying my point was the noise level on the MP and MPP is the same if both use the same props.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
The idea of putting 8330's on a Platinum was for testing. See how much of that "3 Mins" is the prop and how much the ESC

And With Full Respect FoxhalGH; some things are just implied, you dont need to nitpick everything people post.

MAS/8331 meant MAS or 8331. As both give an improvment over OEM 8330';s
If anyone else thinks that is confusing, let me know and i'll sort it.
Sorry bud - didn't mean to 'nitpick' ... I've just found that there are a lot of people who don't know what the e.g. 8331 number actually means. I have a particular interest in Prop' technology and tend to dive into discussions regarding them - so apologies if that came across the wrong way ... was not meant to.

And MAS/8331 props lower rpms improving flight time, battery drain
As a side effect - it also seems that the Mav Pro Platinum doesn't get the GAIN adjust problem (that causes gimbal shake) that can happen with MAv Pro's when they are flown with 8331 or MAS prop's. Maybe that's down to the sinusoidal ESC ...

I've heard reports of gimbal shake, and even the drone moving around on table at idle with the MAS props.
The same reports say it goes away once Airborne.

Most of the gimbal shake vids i see for Platinum are on the ground before launch.
I cant help but wonder if problem dissapears once airborne for it too?

The gimbal shake problem that can appear with the Mav' Pro, is due to the 8331 and/or MAS prop's being more 'efficient' than stock DJI 8330 prop's. There have been instances where people report bad gimbal shake through the whole flight, or during specific maneuvers e.g. transition from hover to forward. This is because the Mavic is inherently unstable and uses feedback loops to control the motors to keep the Mavic doing what you are telling it to do through the RC Controller. The motors of course, implement these 'feedback' inputs by spinning the prop's faster or slower. If the prop' is more efficient, then you can get an effect where the control adjustment is a bit too much, which leads to a control adjustment in the other direction - which is also a bit too much, which leads to ... etc. It's difficult to see this level of 'vibration' on the body of the Mavic, but due to the 'suspended' nature of the gimbal, it translates through to the gimbal mount and makes the camera shake (I've also seen this 'shake' on landing leg extensions). Reducing GAIN will 'tune' the feedback response to make it proportionate and kill off any over-compensation - getting rid of the gimbal shake.
The MPP's ESC's use a sine-wave based control input, which is a lot smoother and more responsive than the square-wave used by the Mavic Pro ESC's. So I think that due to the improved response in the MPP ESC's - you'll see a more stable camera platform with much less chance of gimbal shake.

MPP comes in a Horrible metallic silver/Platinum? i guess, color that looks crap and makes
getting batteries a pita.
Also you cant mod it without, uno modding it
What do you mean without unmodding it? Like what mods could you do? What mods would you have to remove?

The good news these days is that a Mavic 2 Zoom can be had for only a couple hundred quid more than a Platinum. Did I say quid? Been watching too much BBC lately.
The M2P Pro and M2P Zoom are my favorite DJI products bar none because they work so well with Litchi, AND because on Ali Express after-market batteries are available that can now extend the flight time from 23 minutes to 35 minutes, during which the M2P can cover over 13 miles round trip flown at 27 mph. While similar extended-range batteries are available for the M1P, the camera, and wind resistance of the M2P are superior to the M1P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22