DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro VS Mavic Pro PLATINUM

I have a MP and my buddy has the MPP - his startup is different - the motors start slow then speed up while the MP just go full speed right away. He gets more flight time but not much. The batteries are interchangeable.

Reactions: mereflyer
Hey, I like the color. BTW, the most time I've gotten, in perfect conditions, 50 degrees, no wind, etc., is 23 minutes, and that was with all the beeps and warning messages about imminent death trying to break my concentration.

You know what they say about old pilots and bold pilots...

Hey, I like the color. BTW, the most time I've gotten, in perfect conditions, 50 degrees, no wind, etc., is 23 minutes, and that was with all the beeps and warning messages about imminent death trying to break my concentration.

SilencioRC App, plus the soothing rock a bye baby sound of the mavic Pro Platinum
will have you dozing off during flight.

You know what they say about old pilots and bold pilots...
No..what do they say?

Reactions: brett8883
If noise is a concern, you can just put the MPP low noise props on the MP1 and then it's quieter.

FWIW, the only difference between Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries is the color. If the color doesn't matter, one can save money by using Mavic Pro batteries in the Mavic Pro Platinum (if they are cheaper).

My understanding of the functional differences (other than color) were "improved" ESC's and different props, I tried running the Platinum props on my MP and they seem quieter, but I prefer the Master Airscrew orange props which are my go-to choice.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
My understanding of the functional differences (other than color) were "improved" ESC's and different props
You got it.

I tried running the Platinum props on my MP and they seem quieter
Me too. They are a little quieter, but it didn't make a huge difference for me. I think I prefer the original props since the edges aren't as flimsy as the low-noise props.

What is the difference between Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? How can you tell which is which? Thanks
MPP is as quiet as I have ever heard. That is the difference! May I say in a nutshell? I have been so happy with the MPP, I do not look for others. Like a wife!

Per the DJI FAQ, here are the differences:
  • The Mavic Pro Platinum has an extended flight time of 30 minutes and an increased hover time of 27 minutes.
  • It also has 4dB (60% noise power) aircraft noise reduction.
  • The aircraft comes in a sleek platinum finish.
You can tell the difference by the color and the "Platinum" label on the arm.

View attachment 73436
The motor drivers in the MPP send sinuswaves out to the motors, the MP drivers send out block-shaped ( steep rising and falling ) signals which cause any coil to generate steep contra-currents as coils don't like to change their magnetic status, hence they "scream" more than the smooth driven motors of the MPP. As the contra-currents of the coils not efficiently contribute ( even worse: they can be seen as wasted energy ) the flight times will indeed be shorter.
All other differences between MP and MPP are more cosmetic than anyting else, given the same propellers are used.

Reactions: ciupi_2
The motor drivers in the MPP send sinuswaves out to the motors, the MP drivers send out block-shaped ( steep rising and falling ) signals which cause any coil to generate steep contra-currents as coils don't like to change their magnetic status, hence they "scream" more than the smooth driven motors of the MPP. As the contra-currents of the coils not efficiently contribute ( even worse: they can be seen as wasted energy ) the flight times will indeed be shorter.
All other differences between MP and MPP are more cosmetic than anyting else, given the same propellers are used.
@Theo111103 not quite correct,the low noise props,are interchangeable between the MP and MPP but they are a different profile and have an different tip design which makes them less noisy

@Theo111103 not quite correct,the low noise props,are interchangeable between the MP and MPP but they are a different profile and have an different tip design which makes them less noisy
The props do contribute to both the MP ánd the MPP's noise generation but it's the motordrivers that make the difference.. The MP with the low noise props is still much louder and annoying than the MPP with low-noise props!

Yes but who wants to fly a beautiful MPP with an MP battery on it? I have spray paint if anyone wants to use it lol
The two tone is nice in contrast, even looks like it came like that and when in the air it makes no difference at all. You can't see it then.

What is the difference between Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? How can you tell which is which? Thanks

The Platinum is HANDS DOWN the better drone, I've had both. Longer battery time. Ocusync seemed better too for some reason.
boreynoldsradio

Main difference besides the colour, is the motor controls ...

comparison.png

Which - along with the 8331 prop's, leads to ...

mavic-pro-platinum.jpg

Reactions: Theo111103
Main difference besides the colour, is the motor controls ...

View attachment 75289

Which - along with the 8331 prop's, leads to ...

View attachment 75291
Yea but the motors make almost no noise have you ever run them without props? 99.99999% of the noise comes from the props. Despite what the marketing material would like us to believe.

If I ever got a platinum. The first test, which noone has seemed to have done is use the 8330 props
on the platinum, 8331's on the pro.
Im interested how much of Platinum's extra 3 minutes is the Props.

MAS/8331 props give me about 1:30 extra time on Pro.

Im guessing on a platinum, i would get exactly 1:30 on top of that.

Dont get me wrong, I hope more, but i think not.
If your not a Platinum Fan, and want another Pro (discontinued), now's the time as they are going very cheap EOFY.
There are virtually NO cheap Platinums. Deliberately no refurbs

If I ever got a platinum. The first test, which noone has seemed to have done is use the 8330 props
on the platinum, 8331's on the pro.
Im interested how much of Platinum's extra 3 minutes is the Props.

MAS/8331 props give me about 1:30 extra time on Pro.

Im guessing on a platinum, i would get exactly 1:30 on top of that.

Dont get me wrong, I hope more, but i think not.
If your not a Platinum Fan, and want another Pro (discontinued), now's the time as they are going very cheap EOFY.
There are virtually NO cheap Platinums. Deliberately no refurbs
Agreed ... I have done tests on my MPP comparing the DJI 8331 prop's with Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's and have got better flight times and lower noise than when flying the stock-standard DJI 8331 'Quiet' prop's. Based on that, I'd just never consider going backwards and putting the standard 8330 prop's on it ... By the way, the MAS Stealth props are 8.3" diameter and 4.4" pitch - which makes them 8344 - and not 8331 as you suggest above.

The idea of putting 8330's on a Platinum was for testing. See how much of that "3 Mins" is the prop and how much the ESC

And With Full Respect FoxhalGH; some things are just implied, you dont need to nitpick everything I post.

MAS/8331 meant MAS or 8331. As both give an improvment over OEM 8330';s
If anyone else thinks that is confusing, let me know and i'll sort it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair