DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro vs. Platinum

Thank you. After seeing many responses, and thank you everyone for your time to help me, I do believe I was over reacting perhaps. Now that the weather here has turned super cold, I may not be training until Spring?

Is there a way to get the NFZ areas from the FAA? Or I could try to go to my local airports and see if they'll tell me, but airport managers aren't exactly easy to get a hold of for something so small to them...
UAV Forcast, B4UFly, DJI FLY SAFE apps will all show you NFZs but the best way to really know and understand this is to get a terminal or sectional chart and learn how to read it.

back in the 80's when I was learning to fly, I remember all of those. I had 2 close encounters with bizjets in KYHA, and that stopped my plans. Did solo at 9 hours, and it was fun, but a G5 swooping down in front of a 152 is scary. Never mind the turbulence. My second T&G on first solo was my first encounter with that. Instructor never taught me that one, but tower allowed a go around. Thanks gentleman for you wisdom and help, LT

So do I need a flight physical? I do recall my first flight physical by Dr. Rymzo when I was 23. Just could not figure why he was checking my prostate at 23? Like what has that got to do with flying an airplane??? And yes, his real name was Dr, Rymzo. LOL. Maybe I can find the offices of Dr Howard, Dr Fine, Dr Howard this time? It is close to the Boston ritual of stooge night on channel 38 :) And the name of that skit was "Men in Black", all too funny. Now that I am 61, I realize all the signs and jokes within. As a kid, I had no clue.

To become a pilot you must: ... Be in a physical and mental condition to safely operate a small UAS
No mention of a physical (or mental) exam, so I'm not sure how they determine this. Someone who has actually gone through the process may be able to help with the details.

UAV Forcast, B4UFly, DJI FLY SAFE apps will all show you NFZs but the best way to really know and understand this is to get a terminal or sectional chart and learn how to read it.

UAV Forecast shows DJI restricted zones (as well as other restrictions). However, there is an area about six miles from my house that shows as a DJI restricted zone in UAV Forecase but not on DJIs map. So if UAV Forecast is showing a restriction near you do some research to see if it's accurate.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
So... If I replace my standard rotors with the Platinum rotors and change my batteries out for the Platinum batteries...
I've basically upgraded my Pro to a Platinum?
Or is there more to the Platinum?

So... If I replace my standard rotors with the Platinum rotors and change my batteries out for the Platinum batteries...
Other than the color, the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum batteries are identical.

The Mavic Pro Platinum has new ESCs (and possibly some other unmentioned modifications to its center board).

Or is there more to the Platinum?

Platinum batteries are the same as MP batteries, just different color. The extra flight time comes from more efficient ESCs and props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_