DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro warning lights

CaptainMavic

Reactions
Has anyone else had a red flashing (IMU error) warning light, with no error message on the Go4 app? This only happens with one of the batteries. Everything is normal with the other ones. The MP seems to work normally. I performed a IMU calibration and it didn’t change anything. Time for a new battery? Any ideas?

Have u checked the logs? Do u use Airdata? There can be warnings not shown on the screen or missed that will show up in the logs. A difference between any two cell voltage of more than 0.01volts would be a red flag. How many cycles on the battery? The remaining live of the battery is in the log and on Airdata. Have u cycled the battery to zero and recharged it? (Use the USB adapter and plug in your cell phone and tablet until the battery automatically turns off, then recharge fully)

I have not looked at the logs yet but probably will later today. I am not the original owner of this MP, it was sold for parts, won’t fly. I have restored it and it looks and fly’s like new now. This battery appears to be original to this drone (2017). I am going to cycle it a couple of times and see if this resolve’s the issue. At five years old, it may just have reached the end of its useful life. Might have to use it for a power bank with the USB adapter and purchase a new battery if it doesn’t recover. I will probably get further into it today and will post what I come up with.

At five years old, it may just have reached the end of its useful life. Might have to use it for a power bank with the USB adapter and purchase a new battery if it doesn’t recover. I will probably get further into it today and will post what I come up with.

Strange isn't it ? Just the one battery and an IMU error.
Seems like it is something to do with the battery and perhaps how it's communicating with the drone.

Sounds like you have 2 more batteries, so that's good.
If after more, you might be lucky and find an OEM DJI battery somewhere new (or 2nd hand), old stock etc.
If you get stuck, there's been good feedback in general here regarding the aftermarket Power Extra M1P batteries, google usually finds them no problems.

Luckily I still have 3 Flymore for my M1P from 2017, all perfect still, and another 3 purchased later, so hpefully mine is still good for a while yet.

Yes I have three more batteries. One OE, and two from Amazon (different manufacturers) and all work good. This particular battery was in the MP when I bought it, and may be the reason it wouldn’t start up and was sold. It was discharged when I got it and recharged normally. I am going to download the Airdata app and see if there are any clues as to what might be going on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54